USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That’s why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees’ futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html
1. Responsible for the safe and productive operation of JT employees by ensuring safe working conditions are in place and safe work practices are being followed at all times.
2. Assist in the selection and training process of departmental employees to create an effective operating team and establishing and maintaining effective communication, including recommending employees for hire, promotion, disciplinary action and termination.
3. Complete administrative tasks including tracking attendance, timesheets, performance reviews, safety huddles, pre-shift stretching, reflection meetings, production reconciliation, employee training, and accident investigations
4. Maintain and abide by standards for quality, housekeeping, 5S, LOTO, VWI’s, LEAN, and standard work.
5. Work required overtime as needed.
1. Treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
2. Strong leadership skills, effective verbal and written communication, decision making and people handling skills, and the ability to work in a diverse workforce environment.
3. Business minded, people and results oriented, with a strong emphasis on safety and quality.
4. Self-starter, excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative products and systems that build the environments in which we live, work and play. - See more at: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg.html#sthash.D4TPgOpT.dpuf