Compass Group LLC
Burlingame, CA, United States
Hospitality, Chef, Food Services
Details: Join our talented team in the Bay Area as an Executive Chef! Considered candidates will be culinary professionals with experience in successfully managing food and labor budgets, training, cycle menu implementation, safety and sanitation, ordering from a managed order guide, and expediting. Experienced Executive and Sous Chefs with backgrounds in retirement community / senior living settings are encouraged to apply!
5 day work week with 2 consecutive days off but require flexibility for special events
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.Job Summary
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional. The Executive Chef oversees kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. Prepares or directs preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
* Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
* Prepares or directs preparation of all food by the kitchen staff. Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
* Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on TouchPoint and regulatory standards
* Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
* Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
* Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within TouchPoint guidelines for such products
* Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
* Follows facility, department, Sector and Compass safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
* Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
* B.S. Degree in Culinary Arts, Food Services Technology/Management/or related field; or A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
* Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
* Expediting experience required
* Senior Living / retirement community experience a must
* Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
* Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
* Must be willing to participate in patient satisfaction programs/activities
* ServSafe certified - highly desirable
APPLY TO COMPASS GROUP TODAY!
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPASS STORY
COMPASS GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. AT COMPASS, WE ARE COMMITTED TO TREATING ALL APPLICANTS AND ASSOCIATES FAIRLY BASED ON THEIR ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND EXPERIENCE WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
Req ID: 322513
ERIN S PRINDLE
Compass Group LLC
Website : http://www.compassny.com