The Westerly Hospital
New Haven, CT, United States
Jun 26, 2020
Oct 09, 2020
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To ensure a clean, odor-free building.
1. Cleans and dusts all offices on first floor, brick house, lobby, visitor's bathrooms, and elevators.
2. Cleans and dusts Med rooms, nurse's stations, hopper rooms, nourishment stations, nurse's bathrooms, handrails, ice machines, physical therapy room, shower rooms, tub rooms, television and dinging rooms, staff dining room and staff bathrooms.
3. Dusting, mopping, stripping, refinishing and buffing all floors, including basement, stairwells, staff dining room, laundry and supply rooms.
Use of floor machines, vacuum cleaners, other mechanized equipment.
4. Collect and empty trash, clean trash containers.
5. Cleans and dusts resident room.
Disinfects responsible areas by cleaning with germicidal detergents.
Replenish responsible areas with supplies, as needed.
Cleans and polishes bathroom fixtures, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, furniture, vents and mirrors.
6. Vacuum reception area and main entrance.
Change window and cubicle curtains.
Cleans and disinfects beds, turns mattresses.
Cleans, dusts and disinfects each unit upon discharge or transfer
7. Washes wall, window screens and other surfaces as needed.
Defrosts and cleans all refrigerators, ensures temperature is kept between 38-45 degrees.
Empty all barrels.
Clean laundry room floor.
8. Collect soiled linen and send it down shoot.
Move furniture, beds etc, lift heavy items.
Clean outside grounds, front and back.
9. Does special assignments, such as: wash beds, clean beauty shop, clean rolling stock, etc.
10. Keep porter closets clean, neat and orderly.
Report any needed repairs to maintenance supervisor
11. Assist in transport of staff members in time of inclement weather or emergency.
Assist in snow removal process.
12. Performs other duties as needed.
High school diploma or GED
6 month experience preferred.
Must know how or to be able to learn how to clean properly.
Must know how or to be able to learn how to run machines properly.
Must learn all phases of work so as to be interchangeable with other housekeeping personnel.
Must be able to understand written and oral instructions.