Machine Operator 2nd Shift','180001MO','!*!
The purpose of this position is to safely operate CNC Fabrication equipment including CNC burning machines, drum roll, press brake, horizontal and vertical machining centers according to company drawings, specification and workmanship standards.
1. Responsible for putting safety first with an aspirational goal to prevent all injuries, occupational illnesses and safety incidents
2. Operate CNC fabrication equipment following engineering and manufacturing prints and documentation making adjustments for production jobs including; setup and operation of all equipment/cranes with stops, clamps, fixtures, tooling, and offsets to produce consistent quality parts.
3. Use measuring devices and blueprints to inspect parts for quality using statistical process control (SPC) for documentation.
4. Participate in identifying and troubleshooting machine and tooling problems as needed.
5. Use hand tools, grinders, and other special deburring tools to remove sharp edges from machine surfaces.
6. Take initiative to identify, document and communicate problems related to machining and report discrepancies and recommend solutions.
7. Electronically and manually maintain documentation for labor hour records, process work order and production documentation.
8. Participate in preventive maintenance programs for CNC machining equipment
9. Coordinate and prioritize work to meet production schedules.
10. Work and interact effectively in a team environment
11. Work with limited supervision
12. May perform other tasks as needed including ','!*!Basic Qualifications
3 years’ CNC machining and fabrication experience in a job shop environment or certification in machining
Can read fabrication blueprints/engineering drawings
Top Candidate Will Also Have
Heavy crane equipment experience
Experience with basic fabrication hand tools and equipment (i.e. measuring devices, hand tools, grinder, and other special deburring tools)
Understanding of geometric dimension and tolerances (GD&T)
Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC)
Ability to identify and communicate tooling and machine problems
Ability to read standard work, prints, and write continuous improvement cards
Ability to utilize computers for production transactions
Understanding of the metric measurement systems
Exposure to welding fumes
Exposure to machining chemicals
Noise levels of 85db or greater
Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
Lift up to 35lbs frequently
Work at multiple heights
Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
Stand for a minimum of 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures
Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
Work in tight spaces
Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
Use of fine motor skills
Use of hand tools including grinder, air tools, pliers, reamers, etc.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses and steel toed/metatarsal foot gear.
No Relocation assistance is available for this job opening.
This job position is located in Brooklyn Park, MN.
Shift: Second (2:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
Full time with Benefits Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.','Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Any relocation costs incurred would be the responsibility of the selected applicant.','EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.','Feb 21, 2018','United States-Minnesota-Brooklyn Park','','Manufacturing & Supply Chain','Machine Operator 2nd Shift
Website : http://www.caterpillar.com
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.