HCA Holdings, Inc
Lake City, FL, United States
Lake City Medical Center has been providing quality healthcare to Lake City and the surrounding communities for almost 60 years. We are a 91-bed comprehensive care facility offering medical and surgical programs including 24-houremergency care,heart care,orthopedics,cancer care,imagingandrehabilitationservices. LCMC is the area's ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Hospital and the only facility to offer interventional cardiology. We are accredited by The Joint Commission and have been named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for four consecutive years. We have been named the area's Best of the Best Hospital 18 years in a row!
Under general supervision, operates CT equipment, positions patients to produce diagnostic images in a safe manner and performs related duties. Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology Services procedures at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from neonate to geriatric.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High School Graduate required
* Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required
* ARRT (R)(CT) registry required
* State of Florida license required
* BLS certification required
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *
* Knowledge of axial anatomy and previous x-ray or CT experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
* Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluation techniques, positions, and other related qualities
* Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic/CT procedures
* Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic
* Skill in safe and efficient operation of CT and x-ray equipment
* Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
* Ability to communicate with staff, physicians, and patients, and family, at all levels.
Knowledge of department, hospital, and universal infection control policies
Title: CT Technologist PRN
Location: Florida-Lake City-Lake City Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06210-2721
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.