Winston Salem, NC, United States
We have a 103.50 Star Rating! :
Nature and scope:
Provide resident medication administration, treatments and resident oversight in accordance with doctor’s order’s, state regulations and company policy including but not limited to: taking accurate orders, processing orders, ordering and securing medication, pouring, preparing, administering, providing ordered treatments and assuring accurate documentation.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* High school diploma, GED or have passed the alternative exam established by the department.
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Six months of training or experience related to the management or supervision in long term care or health care setting or be a licensed professional.
* Minimum of one-year previous experience as a personal care aide or certified nursing assistant for the elderly in an assisted living or long-term care setting.
* Successfully complete DHSR Adult Care Medication Aide training requirements including Medication Aide Clinical Skills check off (return demonstration/ medication pass) and successful passing of the State Medication Aide test within 60 days of skills check off.
* Successfully completed State Infectious Disease Course.
* Must possess all required licenses and/or certifications if required by State licensing authority and maintain continuing education requirements.
* Must have the ability to remain calm under stressful situations.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and general public.
* Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly. Must respect that the work environment is the Resident’s home.
* Must have basic computer skills or willing to learn computer skills needed for e-MAR system.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual.
* Must be honest, fair, ethical, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others and local, state and federal laws.
* Must practice and promote Affinity Policies and Procedures, Mission Statement, Values and Goals.
* Exceptional organizational skills.
* Must meet all health requirements.
* Must pass criminal background check.
* Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provide medication administration and treatments for residents in accordance with doctor’s order’s, state regulations and company policy including: taking accurate orders, processing orders, ordering and securing medication, pouring, preparing, administering, documentation and documentation of results.
* Responsible for managing the floor or assigned unit, resident care and routine operations in the absence of their immediate supervisor and/or the administrator.
* Responsible for the safety and welfare of the residents and must be able to act in the event of an emergency, provide leadership and guidance to ensure resident safety.
* Assure resident privacy and uphold Resident Rights in the administration of medication and treatments.
* Medication Aide must have basic understanding of diabetes, diabetic care, diabetic medications, glucometer management, finger stick blood sugar testing, insulin administration and be able to recognize and act upon symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia as indicated per State regulations.
* Medication aide is responsible for proper management of narcotic medications to include ordering, procuring, maintaining chain of command, storage, reconciliation and documentation.
* Observe residents for changes in physical, emotional, mental or behavioral condition, unusual symptoms, medication side effects, accidents, injuries or unusual occurrence and reports immediately to Supervisor in Charge or Resident Care/Memory Care Manager.
* Responsible to assure referral and follow-up relevant to health care issues is completed.
* Ensure sound infection control practices in the management and delivery of resident care, medications and/or treatments.
* Perform medication cart audits and assist in maintaining the medication cart and medication room in a neat and orderly manner.
* Accept responsibility for security of the medication cart and medication storage room for assigned shifts.
* May be called upon to assist residents with meeting resident needs to include but not limited to activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, transferring, and mobility as needed when not performing medication administration duties.
* Engage residents in meaningful conversation, socialization, and activity while providing medication administration and treatments.
* Respond to all resident needs and/or requests for care promptly and provide or obtain assistance as necessary.
* Complete all required documentation such as but not limited to medication administration records, incident reports, change of condition reports, medication refusal reports and behavioral documentation as requested and required in a timely manner.
* Earn 12 continuing education credits related to the management of adult care home or care of aged or disabled persons.
Uniontown Hospital is a 224-bed facility providing a full range of medical care to the residents of Fayette County and surrounding areas for more than 100 years. Healthcare services provided at the acute and specialty care hospital include: medical/surgical care, comprehensive cancer care, cardiac diagnostic and interventional catheterization, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing, birthing center, pediatrics, skilled care, emergency care, and complete diagnostic services, including laboratory, cardiac diagnostics, open and high field MRI, PET/CT and digital mammography. The facility features more than 200 medical staff representing more than 30 medical specialties. In addition to hospital-based services, the parent corporation, Fayette Regional Health System, owns and operates Fayette Home Care and Hospice; a state-of-the-art Outpatient Diagnostic Center off Route 40 in the Fayette County Business Park; and freestanding laboratory sites at the Outpatient Diagnostic Center, Cherry Tree and in Hopwood. Also, a network of primary care physician's practices is located in Brownsville, Masontown, Smithfield, Connellsville and Uniontown. Cancer Care Services, including radiation therapy and IMRT at the Robert E. Eberly Pavilion, and medical oncology services are provided in collaboration with UPMC Cancer Centers. The healthcare system is dedicated to improving the health of the residents of Fayette County and the surrounding area. Uniontown Hospital is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).