Requisition Number: PB-12263
Area of Interest: Inventory Management
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn
Position Type: Full-time
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
Own the creation, maintenance and tracking of Purchase Orders (POs) for assigned departments. Acts as liaison between Inventory Management, Merchandising, Sourcing and global vendors to ensure every order is processed and delivered on time.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
* Own the creation of purchase orders for assigned departments across Retail and DTC.
- Create purchase orders in Retek system and ensure PO details accuracy to minimize changes downstream.
- Generate daily PO reports for visibility to and approval of new POs.
- Monitor timely approval of new POs, and follow-up as needed.
* Manage all PO revisions and update all systems and reports accordingly.
- Ensure all vendor PO change requests are approved promptly by either approving changes within define thresholds or escalating to Inventory Planners.
- Communicate and align with Agent/Vendor to confirm all changes and cancellations.
- Communicate changes to Merchandising and Inventory teams.
* Act as single-point-of-contact between Global Sourcing, Agents/Vendors, Inventory Mgmt., and Merchandising for all PO related issues.
- Manage all vendor inquiries and forward/escalate as needed to ensure prompt response.
* Monitor Pre-Season and In-Season POs by tracking production, shipping and Distribution Center (DC) receiving status.
- Identify potential PO delays and escalate as needed.
- Provide updates to cross-functional teams on PO status, issues, and changes.
* Manage backorders to maximize customer service.
- Review backorder reports and research inventory/PO status using multiple PO systems.
- Work with DC or Domestic Logistics teams to prioritize receipts and fill backorders in suspense.
- Review Backorder Notification report and determine customer communication required for significant backorder delays.
* Support Sr. Analyst in ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-3 year(s) previous retail work experience preferred.
* Detailed oriented with a keen eye for accuracy.
* Comfortable entering and retrieving data from multiple systems.
* Good time management skills with ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed.
* Strong follow-through skills, especially following up with multiple teams to get information needed to resolve pending POs.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills -- able to write succinct messages and communicate clearly.
* System savvy -- comfortable working with and learning new applications.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.