Rincon Consultants, Inc.
Fresno, CA, United States
May 15, 2020
Aug 28, 2020
is a leader in providing quality environmental consulting services throughout California. Recognized as a Zweig Group nationally-ranked
'Best Places to Work,’
we partner with clients in sectors such as transportation, energy and infrastructure, oil and gas, water, commercial and private development and government. Our 250 associates in
offices located in northern, central, and southern CA are dedicated professionals who combine their passion with our purpose.
Rincon Consultants, Inc. is seeking to hire seasonal staff to assist with biological and environmental compliance monitoring for large and small utility and transportation projects throughout California.
The primary responsibilities for this position include monitoring and reporting regulatory compliance conditions for a range of issues: terrestrial and aquatic biological resources, tree resources, water quality, noise, air quality (fugitive dust), BMPs, mitigation and restoration success, and erosion control. This position serves as a liaison between Rincon, our clients, contractors, and relevant agencies to ensure projects are compliant with conditions of approval. This position requires the ability to perform extensive fieldwork on potentially difficult terrain and during adverse weather conditions, often independently, and may require occasional extended travel. The ideal candidate will be based out of our Fresno, CA office (other Rincon offices may be considered).
Experience and Skills:
• Minimum B.S. in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, or another related field (candidates with the equivalent in knowledge and experience may also be considered)
• General knowledge and experience conducting nesting bird surveys, general wildlife pre-construction surveys, and identifying plants and wildlife of California
• Map reading and field survey techniques
• HAZWOPER certification or willingness to become certified
• Highly motivated with excellent documentation skills, interpersonal skills, and communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Familiarity with the California Storm Water Quality Handbooks and Construction Site Best Management Practice Manual
• Detail oriented; resourceful; strong time management skills; ability to work independently in the field
• Minimum qualification; SUCCESSFULLY CONDUCTED CONSTRUCTION MONITORING ON UTILITY/TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS (for at least 2 years TOTAL)
Total Rewards Package* Includes:
• HMO, PPO, HDHP, Health Savings Account options
• Three Weeks’ Vacation accrued in the first year
• 401(k) / Profit Sharing Retirement Plan
• 2x/Year Bonus Opportunities
• Paid Sick Leave
• Eight Paid Holidays
• Flexible Spending & Dependent Care
• Employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance
• Dental, vision, prescription drug
• Supplemental life insurance
• Volunteer Pay for a Day
• Legal Shield, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance
• Professional Development
• Patagonia Merchandise Partnership
• And much, much more!
*All programs subject to review and change and are provided for regular, full-time employees
Rincon Consultants does not accept unsolicited applicant/candidate resumes from search firm recruiters and/or temporary agencies that do not have a signed contract and specified work order with Rincon Consultants. Further, such resumes received will be deemed the sole property of Rincon Consultants and no fees will be paid in the event Rincon Consultants subsequently hires such individual. Rincon Consultants is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.