Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The MMUS PMO team is looking to hire a Project Manager, responsible for establishing and leading cross functional initiatives supporting MM US strategic business goals. The Project Manager will coordinate, plan, develop and implement moderate to complex projects and recommend appropriate strategies, actions, and/or alternatives for business decisions relative to the projects under area of responsibility. Candidate should able to manage matrix team(s) and/or cross functional team(s), being responsible for the day-to-day execution, management, and reporting, including managing resources, scope and meeting deadlines according to plan.
High Level Job Responsibilities
• Single accountable party responsible for the day to day execution, management, and reporting of moderate to large projects, including managing resources, costs, scope and meeting deadlines according to plan • Maintain a matrix reporting relationship with the Business Owner & Project Sponsor for all accountable project execution activities • Accountable for all aspects of business deliverables & readiness including support being in place before production implementation (people, process & automation) • Work effectively with cross functional teams, including possibly leading / overseeing multiple Project Managers • Facilitate issue resolution and remove obstacles to ensure quality results are achieved • Accountable for identifying and resolving possible risk and develop/monitor risk plans • Confirm achievement of objectives, verify and document project results to formalize acceptance of business & readiness deliverables by the sponsor • Facilitate lessons learned for business team and retain information in a central location (SharePoint) for future use
Core Competencies to be Successful in this position:
Business Acumen Definition - Understands and effectively applies general principles of business management. • Understands MassMutual's business including its value proposition to customers. • Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. • Understands the organizational structure and who to go to for information. Critical Thinking Definition - Effectively evaluates situations and information to reach correct conclusions and diagnose problems. • Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. • Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broad understanding of issues. • Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. • Identifies the key issues in complex or ambiguous problems.
• Approaches problems or issues systematically in the development of solutions. Decision Making Definition - Effectively examines options and makes timely and sound decisions. • Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. • Chooses the best alternatives based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. • Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions. • Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness. • Makes decisions in the face of uncertainty. Execution Definition - Effectively manages work; holds self and others accountable for effectively and efficiently completing responsibilities. • Ensures one acquires the authority, sponsorship, support, and information needed to achieve objectives. • Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure achievement of critical goals. • Holds self and team accountable for outcomes. • Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate work or improve quality. • Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved. Improvement & Innovation Definition - Continuously generates and champions new ideas, approaches and initiatives to improve customer experience. • Focuses efforts on continuously improving the processes that create the most value for customers. • Analyzes challenges, problems, and issues to ensure that lessons are learned and improvements are made. • Encourages and adopts new ways of looking at problems, issues, or solutions. • Utilizes new technologies, methods, tools, and practices. • Adopts and leverages fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas, and new paradigms to create value for customers. Professional Competencies
Adaptability Definition - Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands. • Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. • Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities, or opportunities. • Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. • Is able to adapt plans in response to changing objectives. Customer Service Definition - Demonstrates commitment to meeting or exceeding the requirements and expectations of external and internal customers. • Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers; earns their trust and respect. • Ensures follow-up with customers to certify that the resolution of problems maintains customer satisfaction and loyalty. • Seeks and integrates customer feedback from a variety of sources to identify improvement opportunities. Influence Definition - Articulates compelling positions and successfully influences others to accept recommendations or take desired actions. • Presents a persuasive rationale for recommendations. Clear and simple with communications. • Builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers. • Ensures that recommendations satisfy the needs, interests, and concerns of key stakeholders. • Promotes or asserts recommendations and ideas with confidence and enthusiasm.
Project Mgmt, Fin & Resource Mgmt Tools • Leverage information from Project Management tools to drive positive outcomes in projects • Demonstrates the ability to master and apply Project Management (BPLM, SDLC , PDLC) & Resource Management
tools in the current area of work • Guides team members in effectively providing input and using information generated from Project Management tools and processes
• Seasoned individual capable of handling broad scope projects that have short to medium-term focus
• Works with guidance on more complex projects
• Capable of applying knowledge to handle all but the most complex problems independently
• Anticipates change and directs or redirects efforts
• Looks for and finds ways to improve operations
• Individual typically has at least 5 yrs of related experience
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
To be successful in the role, the following are the key qualifications:
Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree • 5 years of proven project management experience • Must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications: • Experience in full cycle project leadership from conception to delivery • PMP certification • Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of projects to ensure it is aligned to and directly supports strategic objectives. • Experience within the insurance/ financial services industry • Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & strategic initiatives. • Proven leadership, with the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology divisions • Excellent communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills. • Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change. • Strong functional and technical knowledge. • Strong with Microsoft office products
• Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency. • Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies • Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences. • Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources • Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceeds expectations, beat the competition
MassMutual Financial Group Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google , Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
At MassMutual, we’re fostering an inclusive and dynamic environment where our employees are valued for who they are and can build successful careers. For us, diversity and inclusion is more than a goal, it’s the only way forward.
• 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index (2018)
• National Association for Female Executives Top Company for Executive Women (2017)
• DiversityInc Noteworthy Company (2017)
• Disability Equality Index® (DEI) Best Place to Work for Disability inclusion (2017)
• Working Mother Media 100 Best Company (2017)
• Military Friendly Employer (2018)
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.massmutual.com
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance, known affectionately as MassMutual, brings a multitude of financial services to its membership base. A leading US mutual life insurer, the firm provides life policies, annuities, money management, and retirement planning to individuals and businesses in the US and abroad. Founded in 1851, MassMutual also offers disability income insurance, long-term care insurance, structured settlement annuities, and trust services. Its subsidiaries include OppenheimerFunds (mutual funds), Baring Asset Management (international investment), and Babson Capital Management (investor services) with its Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors (real estate investment management) subsidiary.