Altria Group, Inc.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Industrial Hygienist to join our Safety, Health and Environmental group in Richmond, VA. The successful candidate will develop and implement occupational health programs, policies, directives, and procedures to monitor, control, and prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases across the enterprise.
Specific accountabilities include:
• Developing and integrating management systems and related processes (e.g. - policy, directives, instructions, training curriculum, assessment systems) to drive continuous improvement in business performance while defining and facilitating compliance.
• Independently applying regulatory/technical/innovation principles and techniques to drive process integration into business operations focused on risk elimination and best practices.
• Recommending technical alternatives and supporting improvements in occupational health.
• Independently executing Altria's Routine Exposure Monitoring Program to ensure protection of employee health, compliance with laws and regulations and to prevent adverse health events.
• Leading and/or participating on projects, conducting project reviews, providing key insights, requirements, and recommendations to eliminate risk, enhance compliance, and drive innovation.
• Conducting formal risk assessments throughout operations to identify, prioritize and abate significant risks to the business.
• Providing guidance to the business on risk reduction opportunities and abatement strategies.
• Integrating results of risk assessments into operating company plans and budgets.
• Leading or supporting complex investigations, regulatory agency inspections/inquiries, and providing litigation support to include deposition and testimony.
• A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or a related engineering field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Certification in Industrial Hygiene (CIH) is highly desirable.
• Broad understanding of safety management systems in OSHA regulated industries.
• Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills.
• Proficient in analytical problem solving.
• Proficient understanding of project management.
• Ability to routinely travel domestic and internationally and between manufacturing, R&D and other support operations (35-45%).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and wear personal protective gear.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria’s mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
We recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Apply for this job at https://altria.contacthr.com/59038440
View More Altria Jobs
Altria Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.altria.com
Altria Group is focused on setting standards and priorities for our companies, including valuing and respecting employees, working to reduce the harm associated with cigarettes and other tobacco products and partnering locally to improve the quality of life in the communities where we do business.