MGB Executive Search LLC
4 yrs required
The Fund’s legal affairs are managed by its General Counsel. The Fund seeks an experienced, highly motivated, and self-sufficient employee benefits attorney, who will enhance the Fund’s in-house legal capabilities and play an integral role in providing the highest quality legal services and support to the Fund’s Board of Trustees and administrative staff. The Senior Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of ERISA, the tax qualification requirements of the Internal Revenue Code, and the special funding rules that apply to multiemployer pension plans. The Senior Counsel’s responsibilities will include oversight of collection matters referred to legal counsel, preparing and drafting plan and trust document amendments, administrative service agreements, disclosure documents, correspondence to participants and beneficiaries, and regulatory filings. The Senior Counsel also will form an integral part of the Fund’s benefit claims process. Other duties include reviewing and drafting contracts with service providers and overseeing the Fund’s delinquent contribution and withdrawal liability litigation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Juris Doctor degree and 4 + years of relevant experience, including complex ERISA and tax qualification experience;
• Virginia Bar Membership Required (or eligibility to waive in);
• Knowledge of defined benefit pension plans, with multiemployer plan experience (including the special funding rules applicable to multiemployer pension plans) a plus;
• Knowledge of employment/labor law also a plus;
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills;
• High level of analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely;
• Demonstrated ability to work self-sufficiently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
• Desire to work in team-oriented, collaborative environment;
• Ability to manage outside counsel relationships;
• Must be proactive and anticipate client needs and concerns;
• Experience with benefit claims and appeals a plus.
Benefits & Compensation:
The Fund offers a collegial, intellectually stimulating, and comfortable work environment, competitive compensation, superb benefits, opportunities for advancement, and a convenient NOVA location close to the beltway.
MGB Executive Search LLC
The Sheet Metal Workers’ National Pension Fund (the “Fund”) has approximately $4 billion in assets and provides pension benefits to more than 130,000 participants and beneficiaries throughout the United States. The Fund is self-administered from its headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia. The Fund is governed by an eight-member Board of Trustees (four (4) labor and four (4) management Trustees), and its day-to-day operations are managed by the Executive Director.