New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The individual will maintain the digital asset library for the internal Creative Studio of a large fortune 100 corporation. Responsible for collection, cataloging and preservation of digital assets, the candidate will work with the Studio’s staff to manage the content from creation to distribution.The ideal candidate has significant experience working in a post-production environment, genuine excitement about being around new technologies and has strong organization and project management skills.The candidate should have an interest in and knowledge of video editing programs such as Adobe Premiere, as well as, interest in a complex video archive system that includes shared storage for multiple editing systems, and LTO archive. Major responsibilities include maintaining the media storage system and facilitating the ingesting of assets while retrieving and tracking all media. Quality assurance of ingested media and its associated metadata. Data entry into content management system. Maintaining and managing an organized massive storage solution. Manage and support the ingesting freelancers on day-to-day tasks. Participate in project-related meetings. Fulfill internal and external media requests. Gather project digital elements needed for internal and external productions. Manage and maintain the Studio’s standard graphic and video elements as well as approved software presets and plugins. Create and manage an ingesting schedule for new and legacy content. Work with the technical staff to design and refine the Studio’s file delivery requirements. Work with the operational and technical teams to design and refine the Studio’s file based workflows. Train new and existing staff and freelancers on operational procedures and workflows for digital media. Job Requirements:
3 to 5 years or relevant work experience.* Knowledge of the ingestion, cataloging, storage, retrieval and sharing of digital assets in a digital asset management system
* Experience working with digital asset management applications such as Levels Beyond Reach Engine
* Strong working knowledge of all technical aspects of SD, HD and 4K digital file formats and resolutions (i.e. Pro Res HQ, MXF etc), in the creation & delivery content
* Strong working knowledge of video & audio capture/ingest/encoding hardware and software solutions including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Prelude, Adobe Media Encoder, and Telestream Vantage
* Working knowledge of all HD and SD tape formats including HD CAM SR
* Working knowledge of industry standard file formats for graphics, motion graphics, and photography.
* Working knowledge of digital delivery methods Other Requirements and Qualifications:
*Must understand the basic nature of the business and departments within to properly identify elements for storage. *Will work with contractors to ingest elements into our data base and must train them on the system as well as how to identify elements. *Must have high level problem solving skills involving the way in which media is tagged with meta-data and the best way to distribute that media based on the project parameters. *Must make decisions on how a particular project gets ingested, organized and stored in the data base. Must make decisions on when a projects is archived. Must make decisions on when contractors are needed to be brought in to keep projects on schedule. *Gives a staff report to the team every Monday during the staff meeting. Has a once a week meeting with manager on priorities and status. Meets will all project managers and producers once a week to provide updates on specific projects.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual), Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
New York Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.newyorklife.com/
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life insurer in the US has branched out a bit, it retains its core business: life insurance and annuities. Its products include long-term care insurance and special group policies sold through AARP and other affinity groups and professional associations. New York Life Investments' offerings include mutual funds for individuals and investment management services for institutional investors. Through New York Life International, the firm provides life policies in overseas markets. Founded in 1841, New York Life is owned by its policyholders.