HCA Holdings, Inc
Texas City, TX, United States
Healthcare, Physical Therapy
_Mainland Medical Center - Texas City, TX_
_Physical Therapist (PT)_
Founded in 1952,Mainland Medical Centerhas been part of Galveston County for more than 55 years. Originally a 90-bed hospital, we have grown to a 223 bed acute care facility offering quality, compassionate care with state-of-the-art services. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services.
Mainland Medical Center is part of the HCA Gulf Division, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers, cancer centers, and diagnostic imaging facilities. It offers a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the needs of Greater Houston and South Texas residents and businesses. Our growth is truly a reflection of the changing needs of our community, our patients and rapidly advancing medical technology. Our services include:
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Sleep Disorders
* Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
* Emergency Services
* Occupational Health and Wellness
* Senior Mental Health
Mainland Medical Centeris currently looking for anPhysical Therapist (PT).
The Physical Therapist performs assessments, develops a plan of care and provides treatment to patients in the appropriate age ranges as listed: school age, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. This individual maintains patient treatment records, teaches patient, family, and/or caregiver and participates in clinical and inservice educational programs.
* Responsible for performing Physical Therapy assessments, re-assessments and treatment in accordance with physicians' orders.
* Completes accurate, appropriate documentation per policy.
* Responsible for following the Texas Physical Therapy Practice Act.
* Maintains department supply level.
* Assists in Quality Assessment and Improvement activities.
* Adheres to and complies with HCA's ethics and compliance policies in the Code of Conduct. Attends annual training sessions.
* Assures that patients' charges are timely and accurate.
* Coordinates patient treatment schedule with other disciplines to assure efficient, quality care.
* Attends and participates in team conferences as assigned.
* Maintains professional exchange of information in all communications.
* Assists with orientation of new personnel.
* Keeps abreast of current requirements of governmental reporting agencies in the area of delivery of Physical Therapy services.
* Keeps abreast of current literature and treatment techniques.
* Provides both oral and written educational information to patients and caregivers.
* Assists in verification and/or authorization and pre-authorization procedures to assure therapy sessions are covered by insurance carriers.
* Plans effectively and independently for changes in workload.
* Experience in physical therapy, new graduates of an accredited school are acceptable
* Graduate of accredited school of Physical Therapy; educational requirements appropriate for meeting age-specific needs of the patients
* Current licensure with The Texas State Board of PT Examiners or eligible to apply for a temporary license by the Texas State Board of PT Examiners.
* Demonstrates current clinical competence, as outlined in the appropriate orientation checklist
* Maintains current clinical competence
* Annual Skills Checklist
* Adheres to hospital-wide customer service values
* Maintains current CPR certification
* Scores 80% or better on FIM test within 30 days of hire
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Physical Therapist (PT)
Location: Texas-Texas City-Mainland Medical Center - Texas City
Requisition ID: 06218-100272
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.