JCPenney (JCP Media Inc.)
Do you like being responsible for major processes that determine how things work? Do you like helping others excel? Do the words “order” and “process” and “consistency” get you excited? Well…being an Operations Supervisor at JCPenney might be the position for you!
The Operations Supervisor’s role is to create an outstanding customer experience by supervising and engaging teams who support the store through operational processes and merchandise replenishment.
•Customer Service – You’re maneuvering around the store at a fast pace, directing the team and working with all the latest merchandise, but when a customer stops to ask you a question or request assistance, there’s no one they’d rather be talking to than you.
•Coaching – You know how important it is to a) provide the team with ongoing feedback b) make yourself available to the team you support so they can grow
•Door to Floor/Restock/RFID – You know how to get the most out of your team and to keep things organized. You can analyze the workload demands and drive team productivity in order to get the job done. You lead the scanning and restocking efforts to ensure stock levels are maintained for the customer.
•Pricing & Signing – You may be responsible for leading all Pricing & Signing execution activities. You can change ticket prices and signing on merchandise across the store better and faster than anyone and teach your team to do the same!
• omnichannel – You understand the power of omnichannel! You may be responsible for ensuring that all associates are trained on the process and you drive the team to deliver a GREAT customer experience through flawless process execution.
• Scheduling resources– You might as well have developed the slogan of “the right people, in the right place, at the right time.” You may partner with leaders in the store to ensure that our Sales Associates are scheduled appropriately to have the biggest impact for our customers.
• Talent Acquisition & Training – You may control the systems and processes associated with jobs in the store. You look at the available talent, you route qualified applicants to hiring managers. Once hired, you may be responsible for conducting new hire training and knowing what training is occurring throughout the store for the entire team!you are the facilitator for all things talent!
• Stockroom Activities & Reverse logistics – You may have responsibilities for ALL the merchandise and recycled materials that need to go back out to the vendors or our store support centers. You ensure the stockroom is maintained and completely safe for all associates to enter.
Skill and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
Coaching - Coaches others and provides meaningful insights, candid feedback and clear direction to help the team grow, develop and perform; creates an environment of fairness by being approachable and honest
Operations Supervisor - Robinson Town Ctr
Pittsburgh, PA, United States
- Robinson Town Ctr 2000 Robinson Town Ctr
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
More than a century ago, James Cash Penney founded his company on the principle of the Golden Rule: treat others the way you’d like to be treated – Fair and Square. His legacy continues to this day, as J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP) boldly transforms the retail experience across 1,100 stores and jcp.com to become America’s favorite store. Focused on making the customer experience better every day, jcpenney is dreaming up new ways to make customers love shopping again. On every visit, customers will discover great prices every day in a unique Shops environment that features exceptionally curated merchandise, a dynamic presentation and unmatched customer service.