International Logistics Manager
We strive to hire extraordinary, diverse, talented, passionate individuals to help change the way we learn. Because learning changes everything.
/Do you have a global perspective and are passionate about succeeding? If so, then let’s talk!/
McGraw-Hill Education is a learning science company that delivers personalized learning experiences that help students, parents, educators and professionals drive results. McGraw-Hill Education has offices across North America, India, China, Europe, the Middle East and South America, and makes its learning solutions available in nearly 60 languages.
What will you get out of your career at McGraw-Hill Education?
* You’ll receive a robust compensation package, 401(k) match, medical/dental/optical insurance and more. * We all need some time to recharge once in a while. All full-time employees are eligible to receive paid time off, in addition to 10 company-paid holidays per year and a generous sick time policy. * Eager for a personal and professional development fix? Benefit from online educational programs and/or a generous tuition reimbursement program. * Are you passionate? If so, you’ll be part of collaborative, creative and purposeful teams who have a history of promoting from within. * Every position at McGraw-Hill Education makes an impact on the future of education.
We have an opening for an experienced, innovative, strategic
International Logistics Manager
office. Does this sound like you?
The International Logistics Manager will beresponsible for managing international logistics functions and providing technical guidance in support of operational readiness, supply chain management, transportation, and associated activities within the area of international operations. Individual must be able to provide leadership, development and support for International Import/Export team in all aspects of day to day operations which includes preparing Commercial invoices, AES filings, Ocean Bills of Lading instructions, Letters of Instruction and relevant paperwork. Focus to include timely delivery of products, communication with international partners and organized customs documentation.
* Responsible for coordination and logistics of international orders and associated documentation and the organization of the documents with relevance to the country and customer * Must be able to address and engage multi-functional teams, as necessary, to ensure customer and business sustainability * Analyzes International business and manages international orders in transit and initiate action to allow for on-time delivery or notify customer when delivery can be expected * Utilize resources of the office in operations, logistics, 3PL partners and customer service to maintain a steady flow of shipments to and from multiple warehouse locations * Keep international logistics knowledge database up-to-date * Communicate with freight forwarders to obtain rate quotes and track/ trace ocean freight shipments * Assist with arrangement of ocean/air import shipments to include customs clearance, ISF, commercial invoicing and packing list requirements
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor’s Degree in logistics, business, or associated discipline * Minimum of 3-5 years of successful Traffic/Logistics experience, with specific knowledge of import and export regulations and documentation, an understanding of work-flow, process improvement, and efficiency, the ability to develop required tracking and management reports, solid knowledge of product classification and the Harmonized Tariff schedule * Strong financial/analytical skills, with an aptitude for understanding business environment and translating business requirements to technical solutions * Strong administrative/operations background and a working knowledge of Windows based computer programs, MS Office Suite * Systems knowledge and/or experience: Oracle OTC, TMS, Tableau * Skills at managing time and priorities to meet ongoing, multiple deadlines with impeccable attention to detail and follow up * Flexibility and creativity in discovering and implementing new procedures; excellent communication with great organizational and people skills (verbal & written) * Ability to supervise a small staff
A successful candidate may have ability to:
* Speak a second language, Spanish preferred * Manage and monitor international to ensure rates are staying competitive with the market and our business model * Develop and manage the implementation of new processes to improve efficiency across the company. * Communicate between the logistics department, distribution operations, and buyers with ETAs of arriving containers so proper staffing can be put into place at the correct unloading facility * Continuously stay current on market conditions, including market rates, delays, impactful events and new opportunities * Lead the execution of an internal compliance database, including HTS codes and duty percentages by SKU * Follow up with vendors on late shipments to ensure they all are following the most recent SOP * Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data * Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; process oriented mindset with superior analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities * Adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
* If you’re interested in this position, submit your resume. * We’ll review your resume, and if you might be a match, we’ll contact you. * After our first conversation, you may be invited to interview with others at McGraw-Hill Education. This is your time to shine! * If you’re eager, dynamic and ultimately a good fit, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to change the future of education.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
McGraw-Hill Education is an EOE/Male/Female/Disability/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodations due to disability, please email TalentAcquisition@mheducation.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
International Logistics Manager
McGRAW-HILL EDUCATION AT A GLANCE McGraw-Hill Education partners around the world with students, educators, administrators and other professionals to deliver engaging, adaptive and personalized solutions that improve performance and results. We combine proven, research-based content with the best emerging digital technologies to guide assessment, teaching and learning to achieve the best possible outcome for students, instructors and institutions. McGraw-Hill Education employs more than 6,000 people in 44 countries and publishes in more than 60 languages.