We are actively recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Manager to be based at our Washington, IN facility. This individual drives measurable results through facilitation and leadership of the Continuous Improvement Model. This role leads the process of engaging and empowering team members to indentify, understand, and implement sustainable process improvements.
1. Leads the facility’s Continuous Improvement efforts by becoming a business partner with operations management, working with them to identify opportunities, utilize the DMAIC structure while focusing on People-Process-Data to obtain measurable and sustainable results.
2. Ensures deliverables support the 4-P’s. People (Safety, Retention, Increased Engagement and Empowerment), Products (consistency in products, quality of products, reliability of service), Profitability (support the attainment of key initiatives and improved competitive results), Planet (support the green initiatives)
3. Gains a solid understanding of the Company’s key initiatives, competitive priorities, accountabilities and ensures linkage of continuous improvement efforts with these goals.
4. Establishes measurable criteria to ensure desired results are obtained. Provides management with updates via tracking reports on project progress, in line with set priority and timing targets.
5. Delivers effective training courses and programs to help increase knowledge and awareness of the Continuous Improvement tools and use of the model. The training should be customized to meet organizational needs and priorities.
6. Facilitates Kaizen events in which we effectively build and lead focused and empowered teams. Manage the project improvement tracking and assist project leaders to develop tracking mechanisms for ongoing reporting. Develop follow-up processes for completed projects in order to ensure sustainability. Develop and implement a plant communication plan for process improvement efforts.
7. Become the in house expert on Lean and Six Sigma techniques through training, study and application. Utilize these skills to lead the organization in data based decision making, and driving action to generate measurable improvements.
8. Develops and participates in existing awareness programs to promote the use of Continuous improvement and recognize team successes.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent related work experience.
Combination of business, interpersonal, technical, and analytical skills
Self starter and motivated by challenge
Strong sense of teamwork with high level of individual contribution
Ability to learn new concepts, combine with common sense, and effectively apply to problem solving
Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
Able to communicate and work with teams at all organizational levels from Senior management to shop floor
Willingness to promote and drive change
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
Ability to support all Shift (1st, 2nd, & 3rd) on Continuous Improvement initiatives
Degrees in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain are preferred but all majors will be considered.
Proficiency in Minitab
Prior exposure to Continuous Improvement or Operational Excellence tools
Experience in a manufacturing environment
Perdue family of companies is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Website : http://www.perdue.com
Perdue Farms is the family-owned parent company of Perdue Foods and Perdue AgriBusiness. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone we touch through innovative food and agricultural products.