Requisition Number: WS-12504
Area of Interest: Retail
Position Type: Casual
Discover your purpose...
Inspire customers to express themselves in their home. Bring Williams-Sonoma to life for our customers by making it easy for them to discover products that best suit the way they cook and entertain. Oversee operational functions of the store in order to make lasting customers of Williams Sonoma.
Who we are...
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers' lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who you are...
· Love to provide world class customer service experiences
· Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
· Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & are constantly looking for ways to think outside-the-box (shop keeper)
· Most successful when being held accountable to personal productivity goals
· Knowledgeable of store Back of House operational functions (shipping, receiving, inventory management)
At Williams Sonoma you will....
· Create engaging experiences for customers by sharing expertise on cooking, entertaining & enhancing your home
· Provide daily support to the management team by performing opening and closing routines, register functions and back office procedures
· Conduct warm-up and cool down meetings with associates and coach associates to productivity and performance
· Provide supervision to ensure store is meeting financial goals and associates are providing World-Class service to our guests
· Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during manage-on-duty shifts
· Meet personal productivity targets and goals, while providing exceptional customer service to our guests
· Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy
· Perform projects and assignments as directed by the management team
· Oversee Back of House operational functions: receiving, shipping, inventory, management, stockroom organization and standards and markdown/markup execution
· Manage supply inventory, repairs, maintenance and equipment
· Provide training and coaching expertise to associates in receiving, shipping, damages and inventory management
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
What we're looking for...
· Unmatched ability to exceed personal productivity goals
· 1-3 years retail sales experience with shift supervision experience preferred
· 1-2 years experience in stockroom responsibilities preferred. Specialty retail preferred.
· Excitement for the brand & products we sell
· Availability to work a minimum of three shifts per week
· Effective communication, organization and leadership skills, Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
· Ability to lift & mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment & safety techniques.
· Ability to be active, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting for extended periods of time, required throughout the work day.
· Availability to work a wide variety of shifts, including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to our peak business periods such as holiday season (November and December)
· Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship or relocation.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.