Physical Therapist PT Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus','!*!Physical Therapist II Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus - Desert Regional Medical Center
Support and assist the development of the Rehabilitation Program area(s) assigned and for the provision of physical therapy services. Rehabilitation Services at Desert Regional Medical Center may include the provision of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and recreational therapy to patients on Acute units, Acute Rehab, the Skilled Nursing Facility, and in the Out-Patient Program. These programs provide services to include wound care, orthopedic, medical, medical-surgical, and neuro-rehab. Physical therapy services will be provided to infants, children, adolescents, adults and the geriatric population as indicated by qualified therapists. The therapist will be involved in multidisciplinary case conferences and discharge planning for patients of all ages treated at Desert Regional Medical Center.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Evaluate and implement plan of treatment under the supervision of the Physician to ensure timely provision of Physical Therapy services. Responsible for cost efficiency and quality of rehab services provided.
• Demonstrated competence through direct observation during assessment, treatment and care of patients as evidenced by the ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs as it relates to age-specific criteria, knowledge of growth and development, and the understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
• Document accurately, clearly, legibly, timely ( the day and time of treatment) within the scope of practice. This will include evaluations, progress notes, reports and calls to Physicians, prescription updates, checking for authorization approvals prior to treatment and accurate charges, completing all necessary chart information to ensure accurate information for care and reimbursement. Therapists will attend and participate in care plan, daily, weekly and, discharge planning meetings and rounds as required on the unit served.
• Consistently completes all necessary and required documentation as it pertains to TJC guidelines.
• Independent peer review of random patient charts to ensure/document adherence to scope of practice in regards to documentation. (Forms to be submitted monthly to Rehab Manager/Director) Demonstrates consistent active clinical supervisory role to PTA/COTA/Aides as required. Collaborates with peers and subordinates in a professional manner.
• Meet productivity standard for primary cost center.
• Proactively assists in other rehab departments (those not your primary cost center) to ensure overall decrease in overtime/registry usage.
• Give at least two in-services on issues pertaining to rehabilitation to improve the clinical strength of the department and impact program development.
• Provide two or more in-services in regards to pertinent patient related information to expand knowledge base of staff and enhance/expand department programs.
• Promote quality patient care by monitoring and implementing change through the Performance Improvement Program.
• Actively participates in more than 1 hospital-wide interdepartmental program. (i.e. Hospital-wide competencies and orientations,
• Development of educational handouts.
• Implement Physical Therapists and Rehab Aides competencies
• Assist with the schedule and agenda of team meetings
• Collaborate with physicians and nursing for improved Quality of Care
• Monitor documentation for compliance
• Assist with scheduling of wound therapist
• May be requested to monitor Physical Therapy activities including Wound Care
• California Physical Therapy license or documentation of eligibility for valid California Physical Therapy license
• Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Required and must be maintained at all times
• Experienced in the supervision of Physical Therapist Assistant’s and Rehab Aides
• One year experience as a licensed Physical Therapist
• Certified Wound Specialists
','Physical Therapy','CA-Palm Springs','','Desert Regional Medical Center','Full-time','Full-time','Days','Days','','','','','','','1805001007','Physical Therapist PT Full Time Days 5K Sign on Bonus
Website : http://www.tenethealth.com
At Tenet Healthcare, we’ve had a longstanding commitment to serving our patients, our employees, our physicians and our partners. Today, we’re one of the nation’s leading healthcare services companies, with a comprehensive network that extends from coast to coast: