The ServiceMaster Company.
We are seeking a Regional Human Resources Manager for Terminix to be virtually based in Chicago. The Regional HR Manager will support 30 Terminix branches and 600 employees throughout Norther Illinois, Great Lakes, and Central Plains . This position requires travel up to 70%, a majority of which is day travel. A company car and gas card are provided for this role.
1. Investigates associate complaints and concerns
2. Collaborates with Associate Relations to investigate and resolve external charges, audits and inquiries
3. Analyzes HR statistics including turnover, associate/customer retention, and compliance
4. Collaborates with branch management to facilitate periodic talent reviews and workforce planning
5. Attends branch management and field operations meetings or seminars
6. Participates in corporate projects and teams related to HR initiatives
7. Advises branch management regarding company policies, procedures and employment laws and assists with decisions which support positive employee relations
8. Coordinates the annual performance review and merit process within assigned business unit
9. Facilitates HR-related training within branches
10. Facilitates talent/succession planning meetings
1. Bachelor's degree in human resources or a related field and 7 years of human resources generalist and/or employee/labor relations experience required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2. 1-2 years of management experience preferred
3. HR certification (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred
4. Knowledge of HR principles and practices
5. Knowledge of labor and employment law
6. Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
7. Organizational and project management skills
8. Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
9. Ability to travel overnight on a frequent basis 60% travel
10. Collaborative/influencing skills
Physical Demands and Working Conditions The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly required to: o Sit, stand and walk o Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach o Speak and hear o Use close vision abilities
Occasionally required to: o Lift or move up to 10lbs o Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Noise level o Low to moderate Adverse Conditions o Minimal
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
The ServiceMaster Company.
Website : http://www.servicemasterclean.com
ServiceMaster Restore understands that experiencing water damage can be difficult. This is likely your first water loss. However, for ServiceMaster Restore this is a process we have done millions of times. Even though you’re calling on the restoration professionals, there are things you can do in your home or business to minimize additional damage. Click to learn more!