Ruiz Asset Management
Tucson, AZ, United States
Ruiz Asset Management
For more than 40 years, Ruiz Asset Management has been involved in real estate investment and construction as well as management of multi-family housing throughout the Southwestern United States. In that time, the firm has become strong, structurally sound and financially secure. Together with its affiliates, Ruiz Asset Management has enjoyed significant success as developers of exceptional properties while contributing to the economic expansion of numerous communities.
We are currently seeking a Financial Controller with multi-family property management experience to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will be hands on leader that is focused, ambitious, driven, passionate and self-motivated individual with strong analytical and accounting skills, excellent communication abilities and exceptional attention to detail.
I. OVERALL PURPOSE
The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, which includes the production of periodic (monthly) financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
The controller position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the assistance in the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results
II. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaborate in the development of financial and tax strategies
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
• Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary and related entities, especially their control systems, transaction‐processing operations, and policies and procedures.
• Maintain the chart of accounts.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management each period and year to date.
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
• Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Issue timely and complete financial statements within 7 days of the applicable period end.
• Personally review and approve all reports provided to investor limited partners, lenders and other external parties
• Report monthly financial results to the company CFO and President
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Construct present for approval, implement and monitor reliable control systems
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of partnership agreements, auditors and government agencies
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Participate in conference calls with the investment community
• Collaborate in the maintenance of ongoing banking relationships
III. ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent knowledge of budgetary preparation and management.
• Working knowledge of all standard accounting operating procedures and principles.
• Knowledge of federal tax guidelines and tax laws.
• Demonstrated skill in the preparation of quarterly reports.
• Hands on leader that is personally involved in the day to day tasks
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Excellent ability to perform all accounting functions.
• Ability to train, Supervise, and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
• Yardi accounting software experience.
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; ability to prioritize and manage multiple work projects; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization; excellent leadership, judgment, creativity, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities; basic knowledge of human behavior and management techniques.
Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Preference will be given to those with recent real estate property management experience. Preference will also be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Salary: $135K - $175K DOE
We participate in the E-Verify program - www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Ruiz Asset Management
Ruiz Asset Management Company, a successful company in the field of real estate investment and property management, is currently seeking a Controller. The ideal candidate will be focused, ambitious, driven, passionate and self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills, excellent communication abilities and exceptional attention to detail