KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
* Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
* Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
* Customer service skills and experience
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
* Course in Medical Terminology required
* Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
* Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
* Must be able to perform essential job duties in at least two Patient Access service areas including ED.
* Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
* Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
* Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer Standards of Care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* 0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
* 0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
* Some college coursework is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time
* Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
* Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
* Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Hospital administration
* Can work in patient care locations which include potential exposure to life-threatening patient conditions.
* Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands.
* Resolves Physician's office and Patient issues. May experience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative Patients.
Website : http://www.tenethealth.com
At Tenet Healthcare, we’ve had a longstanding commitment to serving our patients, our employees, our physicians and our partners. Today, we’re one of the nation’s leading healthcare services companies, with a comprehensive network that extends from coast to coast: