2-5 yrs required
Boss, MO, United States
If you are a very adaptable accounting professional with strong change management experience gained from your background in mining, coal or another manufacturing industry, you’ve got our attention. We’re an industry leader in mining and metal production. We operate one of the world’s largest lead mining districts and one of the largest single-site lead battery recycling centers. We’re looking for a Cost Accountant to join over 1,000 people safely working together to provide valuable mineral and metal products to our customers around the globe.
As our Cost Accountant, you will assist the division controller in day-to-day financial activities, consisting of the annual budget and forecasting, including reports and presentations, as well as assets management and project costing. In addition, you will provide cost reports to project managers before assets are closed. You will also prepare and reconcile accounts and maintain records for transactions for review and auditing, provide support for royalty calculation and reporting to the government and private individuals, and for various presentations including Renco
and business reviews. You will also be responsible for month-end closing and/or reconciling of accounts.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2-5 years’ experience in accounting or finance
• Previous management experience
• Experience in financial and cost accounting in a medium to large manufacturing company
• Advanced knowledge and application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adaptive, I-Series, and PeopleSoft
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to accurately report and accrue royalty obligation to the government and private entities monthly according to lease contracts
• Ad hoc reporting skills
What You Can Expect from Us
• Tremendous growth opportunity
• A company of values: safety, integrity, collaboration, respect, stewardship and sustainability
• Full suite of excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision starting on first day, plus:
• Long- and short-term disability
• Supplemental life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Company-matching 401(k) plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Vacation pay bonus
• Profit sharing
• 9 paid Holidays / 2 paid vacations days; Earn up to 3 additional days off per year under Safety Day Program
• On-the-job-training courses
• Employee rewards for meeting/exceeding company goals
• Cell phone (for managers and up) and Laptop
• Tuition reimbursement
• Relocation assistance available
About our Company
We are a metals and mining company with a mission to provide value to our stakeholders and stockholder by delivering a sustainable supply of select minerals, metals and services to meet the needs of a growing world population.
If you want to grow with an industry leader, join this company. Apply Now to submit your updated resume for consideration.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.