Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Austin, TX, United States
May 21, 2023
Sep 03, 2023
Part-Time Concierge - Saturdays & Sundays Only','AUS007791','!*!The Role
Concierge is responsible for answering questions, giving direction, and making detailed reservations or recommendations. This role must have knowledge of all things Austin. Music events, best restaurants, hidden gems, transportation options etc. This offers the opportunity to engage in casual conversation and to indulge special requests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action, and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
· Assisting guests with Reservations at local restaurants, concert venues, and other local vendors. Establish relationships with these vendors to ensure their assistance with guests needs.
· Proactively reach out to guests to arrange any special needs or accommodations during their stay.
· Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
· Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or reservation issues
· Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
· In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
o Summon front service/bell assistance to escort guests to their rooms as appropriate.
o Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergencies.
o Maintain familiarity with all property functions and outlet operations to market property to guests in a positive manner. Directs guest flow through hotel giving assistance and directions to restaurant and other guest / client facilities.
o Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, airline shuttle service, etc.
When you stay at a Thompson Hotel, you are welcome as a resident. With intuitive service, each guest is provided a tailored experience, enhancing their personal travel journey and bridging connections to the local perspective. Thompson's unique hotels are timeless destinations, creating distinctive experiences that transform your day, your trip, or even your life. Thompson Austin offers 212 luxury guestrooms and Suites plus 17 residences along with a 10,000 square foot wellness center, 3 restaurant bar concepts by Land & Sea Department which are also open to the public, an expansive pool deck, and private cabanas, and over 10,000 square feet of flexible and traditional event space.
The 193-king room tommie Austin is built for the spirited adventurer. Guest will be encouraged to explore Austin’s unparalleled offerings and in every square foot, tommie is an opportunity to meet and be inspired. Where art and atmosphere seep in from the surrounding neighborhood, and collaborations seep back out. tommie will feature a bespoke coffee and wine shop and allow guests to be the master of their own stay while still offering warm and authentic service.
Both hotels are anchored on the ground floor by The Diner Bar The Grey Market, a street-side concept serving daily fare for locals, residents, and guests alike and helmed by award-winning Chef Mashama Bailey. This mixed-use project will also feature a residential tower – Siena – and 10,000 square feet of retail space.
The Benefits & Perks
We have you covered with an awesome rewards package! Health and welfare plans? We have a range of choices for you and your eligible dependents. Financial wellbeing? Got it! Opt into our 401(k) plan, College Saving Plan, or Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Oh, and we don’t want to leave out our lifestyle benefits! Paid time off including vacation, holidays, and sick leave, paid Family Bonding Time, Adoption Assistance, discounted and complimentary rooms at Hyatt locations across the globe, free colleague meals during shifts, well-being & educational assistance, and many more! ','!*!
A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a face paced environment.
Refined verbal and written communication skills.','US-TX-Austin','Thompson Austin - 5th and Brazos','Hourly/Entry Level Employee','Part-time','Hourly','US Dollar (USD)','Part-Time Concierge - Saturdays & Sundays Only
Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Website : http://www.hyatt.com