['Lead Scheduler_SFO','18189','MasTec Utility Services','Regular','Full-time','CA-Union City','','!*!MasTec – Utility Services activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including, but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
We are currently seeking a Lead Scheduler to join our dynamic Team in supporting a major telecommunications infrastructure project.
The Lead Scheduler must be able to participate in a cross-functional team environment in development and oversight of construction related project planning and scheduling. The Lead Scheduler will oversee the Scheduler and report to the Projects Control Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work closely with the Project Team to develop, maintain and manage the project schedule; to include engineering, construction and supply chain activities;
· Prepare estimates and forecasts during the life-cycle of the project, responsible for reporting schedule deliverables to the project team and the Client;
· Assist or lead in the creation of comprehensive schedule submissions utilizing Critical Path Methodology (CPM), resource and cost loading as necessary;
· Prepare contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract;
· Review critical path, cost loading, schedule content, use of relationships and lag, constraints and milestones.','!*!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management; Mathematics or Physics preferred;
· 5 years of experience in project scheduling and the utility construction industry in lieu of degree;
· Experience in project planning/scheduling within the construction industry;
· Proficiency with scheduling software, with a strong preference placed on Primavera, P6;
· Requires strong computer skills to include Microsoft Excel and database applications. Practical knowledge test will be required;
· Committed to quality, integrity and an ability to organize work independently and with team;
· Ability to use computers and computer software for communication, planning/scheduling, budgeting and forecasting;
· High level of analytical thinking skills to plan and forecast work;
· Positive history of leadership and communication (written and verbal);
· Proven history of working in a cross-functional environment providing accurate data to team members to ensure forecasted project delivery;
· An understanding of critical path methodology to ensure, and communicate, timely delivery of milestone tasks;
· Must be self-motivated.
· MasTec prefers, but does not require, that candidates have experience in the local area;
· Candidates with certifications received through Oracle, PMI or other similar organizations focused on recognition of expertise in Project Scheduling and Earned Value Management.
Don’t miss this great opportunity!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen. Benefits available include Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan.
MasTec is a publically traded company MTZ (NYSE).
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec’s policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Website : http://www.mastec.com
Over the course of the last 80 years, MasTec companies have been involved in some of the largest and most complex infrastructure construction projects across the country. Our experience has given us a deep and comprehensive understanding of the markets we serve, as well as the ability to effectively manage people, projects and equipment. It allows us to proactively identify challenges, avoid pitfalls, and overcome obstacles, and to accurately set and meet expectations for schedule and budget.