HCA Holdings, Inc
Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Looking for a role to utilize your past ED, ICU or House Supervisor experience that goes beyond the bedside?
Consider a role at the Transfer Center!
HCA’s MountainStar Transfer Center offers a variety of patient transport services and the only transport specialty teams with the ability to provide high risk obstetrical, neonatal and critical care pediatric patient transport into the HCA, MountainStar Division hospital system. Serving patients throughout Salt Lake City, HCA MountainStar Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its hospitals and other freestanding facilities. At the HCA Transfer Center, we assist in transporting patients by ground, helicopter and fixed wing. We also provide daily, 24-hour access to the transport teams for Inner Facility Transfers, Physician Office Direct Admissions and Emergency Transport for injured and critically ill patients. This unique service simplifies the process of getting a patient transferred to the right hospital, to the right specialists, at the right time by utilizing the latest telecommunications technology. The Transfer Center is staffed by registered nurses and EMT/paramedics who will assist in arranging the transport logistics.
As a member of our team, you will:
* Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA MountainStar Division hospital.
* Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA MountainStar Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
* Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
* Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
* Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
* Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
* Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
* Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
* Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
* Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
* Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
* Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital’s medical staff, services and special programs.
Previous telephone triage experience preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary
Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action
Ability to function calmly in stressful situations
Knowledge of CWT Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities
Basic typing skills, 35 Word Per Minute
Knowledge of Computer Software; Meditech, Teletracking, Transfer Center
Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality
Customer service oriented
Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods of time and work in a confined space
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or Compact Nursing License.
o If your compact license is from a state besides Texas, you will be required to obtain a TX Nursing License within 90 days after your start date.
Minimum 2 years acute care RN experience
Graduation from an accredited ADN or Diploma nursing program
BSN or Bachelor’s degree in related field
2 years of critical care nursing to include ED or ICU
House Supervisor experience preferred
ACLS, PALS, and TNCC
If not currently certified: ACLS and PALS within 6 months
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: RN Patient Placement Transfer Center
Location: Utah-Salt Lake City-Mountainstar Contact Center
Requisition ID: 26138-42887
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.