Dameron Hospital Association
Stockton, CA, United States
Oct 06, 2020
Jan 19, 2021
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Performs daily cleaning tasks for patient, nursing station, lounges, restrooms, offices, clinic areas, and any other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Environmental Services Department and in accordance with Dameron Hospital and Crothall Healthcare, Inc. standards and objectives. Must be able to perform jobs in all patient care and operational areas subject to reasonable accommodations, also be able to employ all mandatory safety devices and procedures. Must participate in the Respiratory Protection Program, which may include the wearing of a respirator. This is a union position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. May perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods:
Dusts horizontal surfaces.
Empties wastebaskets by removing trash and relining baskets.
Damp cleans all furniture.
Cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in bathrooms.
Mops and sanitizes floors of rooms and offices.
Spot cleans walls and windows.
Polishes metal surfaces.
Restocks room supplies.
Performs check-out/transfer cleaning as assigned.
Vacuums carpets, spot cleans carpets as needed.
Transports soiled linen to central collection point.
2. May perform heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods:
Dust and wet mop floors.
Scrubs or buffs floors with appropriate equipment.
Vacuums and shampoos carpets for cleaning and bacteria control.
Strips and refinishes hard surface floors.
Transports trash from collection points and disposes of trash by sterilization or compactor.
Cycle cleans air vents, light fixtures and windows.
Cycle cleans ceilings and walls.
Measures and mixes cleaning chemicals.
3. Assists in cleaning of emergency spills when observed or upon request.
4. Maintains assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed.
5. Observes and reports the general need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
6. Performs as a team player and actively participates in meetings.
7. Must be able to wear a respirator: N95/ PAPR/CAPHR
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: 1 or 2 years of housekeeping experience preferred.