Washington, DC, United States
Role and Responsibilities
* Demonstrated experience as an auto mechanic on cars and light trucks along with an ASE certificate; Responsible for diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing customer vehicles.
EOC Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Centerra is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Tobacco and Drug-Free Workplace.
* Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles.
* Identify problems with vehicles using the diagnostic equipment.
* Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
* Plan repair procedures using charts manuals and experience.
* Test the functionality of parts and systems
* Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
* Repair and replace brake pads, wheel bearings, sensors and other parts.
* Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
* Prepared to get additional certification as needed.
* Willingness to learn with hands-on training.
* Help keep repair shop clean and organized.
* Keep a professional appearance.
* Maintains service logs and records of maintenance on vehicles and motorized equipment, using fleet maintenance and management software.
* Keeps tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized, and in good working condition.
* Road tests vehicles.
Performs related work as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* Two years of experience assisting skilled trades people in the repair and maintenance of light equipment.
* Possession of an associate's degree in Heavy Duty Truck/Heavy Equipment Repair may be substituted for two years of experience assisting skilled trades people in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment.
* Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
* ASE certifications required.
* Hold a valid driver license.
* Graduated from an associate degree program in auto maintenance and repair.
* Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service.
* Must read, interpret and transcribe data to maintain accurate records.
* Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* May lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems.
* Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
* Good hand-eye coordination.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Must be 18 years of age
* Valid state driver license
* Must be able to pass a Federal Background Check and drug screen
* Continuing employment will require possession of the Commercial Driver's License (CDL) This license must be obtained within six months from the date of the appointment.
* Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
Washington, District Of Columbia, United States
Website : https://constellis.com/