Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Fair Consultant Trainees to help us support our schools and ensure they host successful events. These full time positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and off.
Qualified candidates will be able to develop their knowledge of Scholastic Book Fairs Sales Processes so that they may eventually move into the role of Book Fair Consultant. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to sales consultant positions under the direction of experienced sales consultants or direct supervisor.
* Receives training and performs duties in several areas such as sales, marketing promotional materials, warehousing, inventory, customer service, information systems to become familiar with the functions, operations, company policies and procedures that affect the Book Fairs business.
* Assists experienced sales consultants in contacting schools, booking fairs, making pre-fair calls, working with field reps, tracking numbers and goals for assigned territory, handling overflow calls for reorders, etc.
* Observes experienced sales consultant to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required to perform the job.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required. BA/BS degree preferred
* Minimum 2 years sales or customer service experience.
* Basic math skills.
* Computer literate with strong background in Microsoft Office applications
* Familiarization with children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
* Highly organized, self-starter, goal-oriented.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Customer service oriented.
* Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
* Calm under pressure with ability to adapt to change.
* Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
* Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs, push/pull cases up to 300lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Website : http://www.anixter.com
From a small family loan of $10,000 in 1957 to a global company with more than 8,200 employees in over 50 countries, Anixter has been redefining the distribution of wire and cable for more than 50 years. When Anixter wrote the Blue Book in 1968, it reached more than $10 million in sales and had 700 employees. By 1980, Anixter had more than 2,000 employees and added locations in Canada and the United Kingdom. As the millennium drew to a close, Anixter doubled its workforce, topped $1 billion in sales and had locations in Latin America, Asia and the South Pacific. In the first decade of the 2000s, Anixter achieved $6 billion in sales, had more than 8,200 employees and served markets as diverse as fasteners, physical security and data communications. For a company that speaks 30 languages and has more than 100,000 customers worldwide, Anixter has grown remarkably from the first day Alan and Bill Anixter started to cut wire to length with the help of their mother's loan.