Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
10 yrs required
Glendale, CA, United States
Nationwide is a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. We are a Fortune 100 company with a mission to keep our members, their loved ones, and their belongings protected.
We commit to every employee and community we serve by emphasizing employee development and charity partnerships. That’s how we win Gallup’s Great Workplace Award year after year and why we’ve been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
In addition, we are proud recipients of top workplace awards in the following categories
• 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity – Fortune; Forbes; National Business Inclusion Consortium
• Top Company for Women: Catalyst Award; Fortune; Professional Women’s Magazine
• LGBTQ: Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Equality Index: HRC (14 years)
• Veterans: Pro Patria & Above and Beyond Awards: Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (ESGR)
• Fortune World’s Most Admired Company
• Fortune Top Companies for Millennials
Nationwide Trial Division strives to provide superior legal services that exceed our client’s expectations of quality and value and to be considered the best insurance defense litigation firm in each community where we practice
You will need:
● Typically, 10+ years or more of commercial insurance defense litigation, trial experience, and / or agency hearing representation experience
● JD Degree from an accredited law school
● Licensed as an attorney in appropriate US jurisdiction
● Demonstrated ability to market skills to strengthen relations with clients and claims partners
● Deep expertise in complex matters of insurance defense law
● Adherence to Private Practice of Law policy
● Ability to prioritize tasks and take ownership of decisions
A typical day in the life of a Trial Attorney:
• Manage a case load of complex legal issues for Nationwide clients
• Be proactive in case strategy and reports
• Initiate and maintain substantive, constant and professional communications with internal and external customers
• Contribute and provide subject matter expertise on significant, high-risk, and complex legal matters
• Represent Nationwide customers in trials or hearings before courts or agencies, including appeals and arbitrations
• Evaluate cases in accordance with Nationwide Trial Division best practices
• Collaborate, direct and oversee the activities of support staff to accomplish goals
• Recognize and promote settlement opportunities
• Shares relevant information with members and Nationwide Claims department to ensure they are fully informed
• Obtain meaningful discovery through deposition of parties and experts
• Participate in motions practice as warranted
• Completing other litigation and file handling tasks as needed
Compensation & Benefits
You receive a competitive starting salary with opportunities to increase salary based on performance. Other benefits include:
● A 401k match and company-funded pension plan
● Medical, dental, and vision insurance (part of our Wellness Program)
● Up to $5250 in tuition reimbursement per year after your first year
● Flexible scheduling and/or workspaces
● Excellent opportunities for growth and promotion
● Network of diverse employee resource groups
● Enjoying time with your family/pets/yourself (we understand) and offer paid time off and paid holidays
Due to the fiduciary accountabilities of this job, a valid credit check and / or background will be required as part of the selection process.
Legal office environment. Frequent travel with occasional overnight travel. Extended hours are often necessary to meet the demands of the profession.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Nationwide embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company.
Website : http://www.nationwide.com/
Why Nationwide? Nationwide is a company of great people doing great things. We care deeply about doing what’s right, and we work hard to make an impact for everyone: our associates, our members, our partners and our communities. We’re in the business of protecting people and the things they care about most. We trustingly advise our members, offering comprehensive solutions like home, auto, life, pet and business insurance, as well as retirement savings tools and identity theft protection. And we know the work we do matters. How do we accomplish it all? By hiring and retaining people who are as driven and caring as you. From offering a competitive benefits package to raising our minimum wage to $15, our commitment to our associates is clear. When you work at Nationwide, you know that the difference is GREAT.