2-6 yrs required
Acton, MA, United States
Aug 04, 2022
Are you an experienced estate planning attorney who wants to make a meaningful impact on the lives of children, parents and families? Are you eager to work directly with clients, guiding them to create plans that ensure a bright future for their family, even in a potentially dark time? Are you ready to present your estate planning knowledge and experience to prospective new clients, to help them understand why estate planning is so important and how easy it can be to take that next step?
If this describes you, keep on reading ….
We are looking for an Associate – someone who shares our passion for estate planning for younger families cares deeply about making sure that children are protected and cared for by the people their parents want no matter what, is committed to creating an amazing client experience, and has the ability to be a calming and comforting presence for clients during a potentially anxious time.
If you are looking to join a growing firm where you are involved in all phases of planning – from initial client consults to plan drafting to signing meetings to educating the community during webinars and live events, we would love to talk with you.
We are a growing estate planning law firm in Acton, MA, focused on the unique estate planning needs of both young families and empty nesters. We provide exceptional client service in the areas of kid’s protection planning, wills, trusts, estates, and asset protection.
To be a successful candidate for this position, you will have 2-6+ years of experience in creating, drafting, and implementing comprehensive trust-based estate plans, and an interest in stepping out into the community and educating parents about the need for planning.
• Meet with clients and provide a positive and confidential experience.
• Research and analyze complex legal issues relating to Estate Planning matters.
• Draft advanced planning and trust documents.
• Develop comprehensive protection plans for parents of minor children.
• Draft plans for clients.
• Network in the community, which could involve after-hour events.
• Network with other professionals for cross-selling opportunities.
• Attend the Firms' and other seminars to promote personal growth.
• Supervise and delegate work to Paralegals to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Exceptional communication skills and problem-solving skills needed in order to work with all levels of staff and our clients
• 6+ years of Estate Planning experience ideal
• Has a Juris Doctor (J.D. degree) from an accredited law school
• Massachusetts Bar License required
• New Hampshire Bar License a plus
• Experience drafting asset-based trusts
• Must have a passion for estate and asset protection
• Must have trust experience
• Must have financial asset protection planning
• Advanced planning expertise relating to minor children a plus
• Long-term family legacy planning
• Wealth planning experience
• MS Office required
• Experience drafting on a HotDocs platform strongly preferred, Wealth Counsel a plus.