10 yrs required
Nashville, TN, United States
Dec 23, 2019
WeGo is situated in the beautiful and thriving city of Nashville within the Middle Tennessee Region. At WeGo Public Transit, it is our ongoing mission to connect people to their lives and community. We strive daily to become an embraced part of the community of Nashville and Middle Tennessee by providing friendly, sustainable, reliable, trusted public transportation – everywhere for everyone.
Purpose: The Director of Procurement and Business Diversity is responsible for providing leadership, vision, motivation and strategic direction as well as manage and implement vendor diversity and inclusion strategies and programs to meet the procurement needs of the organization. We are seeking a results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance. The key role of this position (and a primary factor in its success) is the timely delivery of goods and services that meet the needs of WeGo Public Transit departments and the creation of a fair and competitive environment for our suppliers.
In this leadership role, the successful candidate will direct all aspects of the procurement of goods and services for WeGo and the Davidson Transit Organization; assist Procurement team members and colleagues with procurement processes including identifying and developing any necessary training; develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations in addition to industry best practices; and develop a vendor diversity program that will align with agency needs and goals.
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
• Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
• Serve as the primary contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment for all departments.
• Oversee contract development and administration processes to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal procurement laws and regulations.
• Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team and organization.
• Oversee and develop procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
• Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
• Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the agency to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery.
• Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
• Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage procurement activities to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
• Conduct project review meetings with key stakeholders to assess contract performance/compliance, review future strategies, and identify service delivery improvement opportunities.
• Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
• Build a strong and diverse portfolio of industry specific markets and suppliers to support the implementation of long and short term agency projects.
• Analyze market and delivery trends so as to identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
• Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
• Direct and oversee the daily activities of the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO) to ensure federal compliance and optimal utilization of diverse businesses including the development of strategies that promote contracting opportunities for Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), Small Business Enterprises (SBE), and other diverse vendors.
Oversee the design, development, and implementation of programs/initiatives that advance vendor diversity and supplier base
• Oversee contract compliance review by the DBELO and assist with the determination of percentage goals for DBE, SBE, or other diverse vendor participation.
• Work on business opportunities and issues to eliminate barriers/requirements that obstruct participation of DBEs, SBEs, and other diverse businesses from engaging in Agency projects
• Develop and conduct business seminars, procurement fairs, and other outreach activities in collaboration with other business experts to assist in increasing business participation.
• Develop procedures and standards for the agency’s vendor diversity programs.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong research and writing skills
• Strong knowledge of procurement and purchasing best practices including in both public and private sector
• Able to obtain knowledge or be knowledgeable in transit law and understand transit policies and their relationship to transit services including, but not limited to:
1) Urban Mass Transportation Act of 1964, as amended;
2) Federal Transit Laws, 49 U.S.C. chapter 53;
3) 49 C.F.R. part 18 Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments;
4) Federal Transit Administration Requirements 4220.1E on Third Party Contracting Guidelines or amendments;
5) FTA and DOT Regulations, Circulars, Significant Guidance pertaining to transit operation; and
6) Financing and the regulations associated with State and Federal funding
• Solid analytical and computer skills
• Strong communication skills
• Outstanding team building and leadership skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
• 10+ years experience in procurement or purchasing with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Experience in business diversity and inclusion initiatives including but not limited to DBE programs
• Experience working with local, state, and federal auditors
• Experience developing and conducting training events
• Experience building a vendor diversity program
Performs other duties as assigned
The principal duties are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job and must be performed unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. Other responsibilities
Physical Requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
Physical activity includes but is not limited to:
• Sitting, standing, lifting, reaching, walking, talking, writing, repetitive motion, carrying, grasping, holding, clarity of vision, speaking, listening.
• Must be able to operate office equipment, including but not limited to telephone, computer, printer, copy machine, facsimile machine, and calculator.
• Possess positive customer relations skills
• Work with little supervision
• Ability to promote positive and productive work environment
• Establish and maintain effective working relationship with all levels of employees
• Understand and carry out detailed written or verbal instructions
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to prepare and deliver oral presentations
• Ability to compose clear, concise and grammatically correct written communication
• Maintain confidentiality
• Meet required deadlines
• Work under stressful situations
• Solve practical training problems
WeGo Offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and advancement opportunities.
Please send to email your resume and cover letter to HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615.862.6204 for more information.
Davidson Transit Organization, the hiring arm for WeGo Public Transit is an equal opportunity employer.
Website : http://www.nashvillemta.org