Nabors Industries, Ltd
Anchorage, AK, United States
Bluecollar, Oil Gas
Oct 12, 2021
Jan 25, 2022
FLOORHAND - Alaska','210000EP','!*!Company Overview
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
JOB SUMMARY: NAD operates in the State of Alaska with some of the most versatile oil and gas exploration rigs with special design for Arctic operations. The Floorhand performs drilling, tripping, rig moving and maintenance operations as directed by the Driller.
• Operate drill floor equipment such as top driver, rotary tongs, slips, elevators, winches, safety clamp and other item as required.
• Participates in emergency drill and crew safety meetings
• Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on rig equipment
• Operate special service equipment such as casing and tubing equipment
• Maintain clear communication with relief, other crew member and Driller
• Follow NAD and customer operating and reporting procedures
• Record drill string and tubular lengths
• Maintain correct drill string count during tripping operations
• Participate in safety, spill prevention and pre-job safety meetings as required
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Have knowledge of, and understand NAD’s Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) policy
• Have knowledge of possible health, safety and environmental impact and state and federal regulatory compliance requirements associated with oil and gas drilling operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES continued.
• Have knowledge of Environmental Management Systems (EMS)operation, key personnel and their functions and responsibilities
• Have strong oral and written communication skills
• Have basic mathematical skills
• Ability to work as an effective member of a rig crew and promote cooperation and understanding
• Ability to learn, perceive problems or dangers and sense responsiveness
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions. Temperatures reaching as low as 50 or more below zero during the winter months. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high locations, extreme heat and high noise levels. Employee will work in an environment where there is risk that they will be exposed to toxic, caustic/ and or hazardous chemicals, fumes or airborne particle. Workers are required to wear personal protective equipment while on the job
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: An individual will be required to work the majority of hours in a remote industrial environment, and will need to be able to quickly respond to a change in work demands. Occasional lifting from 1-50 lbs is required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 years of floorhand or above experience
• Arctic experience preferred
','OPERATIONS','United States Of America-Alaska-Anchorage-(Nabors Alaska Drilling) Alaska Prudhoe Bay','','FLOORHAND - Alaska
Nabors Industries, Ltd
Website : http://www.nabors.com