Towson, MD, United States
Retail Receiving Support - Afternoons, Flex: Towson Town Center','710133373','!*! Job Overview:
The Receiving Associate is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – you will be assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines
Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Able to use a calculator.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team;
• Must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team;
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency;
• Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
','','United States-Maryland-Towson','Receiving and Merchandising','Retail Receiving Support - Afternoons, Flex: Towson Town Center
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.