Republic Services, Inc.
Tulsa, OK, United States
Sales, Customer Service
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Inside Sales Representative – Commercial/ Industrial Retention is responsible for accessing leads generated from the sales tracking system and other sources to obtain customer and other information that supports the ability to initiate appointments and establish accounts, as well as for making outbound calls to proactively retain business relationships with Republic Services’ smaller, less complex commercial and industrial customers. The Inside Sales Representative – Commercial/ Industrial Retention is also responsible for inbound calls and follow-up to ensure customer retention and to identify potential new, business that may lead to targeted profitable growth in support of the Company’s business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals.
• Excellent service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• On a regular basis, initiate outgoing customer calls with prospective clients in a professional manner to establish qualified appointments for respective sales representatives or acquire new business.
• Update the Contact Resource Management (“CRM”) tool with current data as appropriate, including but not limited to inputting canceled/lost account information.
• Receive inbound calls for new business or from our clients and build effective customer relationships and customer loyalty; seek to understand if we are meeting service standards, understand customers’ business needs and address any issues.
• Using information from the customer service team, follow up on sales opportunities for existing commercial and industrial clients; close the transaction, as required.
• Initiate the transition to outside representatives if a sales opportunity for new or existing business is not able to be closed over the telephone.
• Respond to all cancellation requests, following standard operating procedures and escalation policy as appropriate.
• Meet regularly with Sales Manager to review customer retention and relationship activities, sales progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
• Attend sales meetings and/or training and maintain open communications with sales team members to maintain current understanding of all Company products and services; participate in learning and training opportunities when appropriate to continuously build customer services and sales knowledge, skills and abilities.
• May be required to build relationships and increase company visibility through participation in company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required.
• High School diploma or GED.
• One year of prior customer service experience
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Republic Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.republicservices.com
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of. Our company was founded with a “can do” spirit guided by integrity and values such as keeping our word, working hard and walking our talk. We believe in respecting the planet and applying common sense solutions to the waste and recycling challenges of our customers.