Tulsa, OK, United States
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Cable Protection Management department of CenturyLink’s North America Operations organization will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company.
This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. The Service Associate I intern will be responsible for engaging with contractors, customers, excavators and field technicians to best protect our network. This involves reviewing maps to assess impacts to our network and mitigate costs to the business as well as assisting in documentation and process work to improve the overall efficiency of the team and field technicians.
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Currently enrolled as Junior, Senior or Graduate status at a 4-year accredited College or University by start of internship
•Working towards a BA, BS or Master’s degree in Technology, telecommunications, or related field. Technical degree highly desired.
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; able to manage multiple projects.
• Consistently act in a manner that demonstrates concern for quality service and customer satisfaction.
• Reliable transportation and the ability to follow directions is a must.
• Must have a professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
• Ability to interact with a variety of people, and professional in stressful situations.
• Working towards a BA/BS/AA degree in Technology, telecommunications, or relative field, or related degree desired. Technical degree highly desired
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Telecom, Telecommunications, Intern, Consulting, Summer Internship, Technology, Entry Level
Website : http://www.centurylink.com/
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The Company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations.