Big Lots Stores, Inc.
Performs general store operational duties including cashiering, customer service, truck unloading, stocking, merchandise recovery, and light cleaning or maintenance as assigned. Serves as Manager on Duty, providing direction to store associates performing cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, during gaps created by store leadership vacations and/or lunch periods. Associates in this position are not responsible for opening or closing the store. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Greets and assists customers as needed in order to maintain the highest level of customer service.
2. Maintains and operates point-of-sale systems efficiently and accurately.
3. Drives customer loyalty program participation, including sign ups and rewards processing at check-out.
4. Participates in the freight flow process including truck unloading, stocking, merchandise presentation and recovery.
5. Participates in furniture department operations including carry-outs and display assembly as needed.
6. Maintains appearance of the store\u2019s interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
7. Performs daily front-end maintenance including check stand cleanliness, replenishment of merchandise and supplies and floor safety.
8. Performs other tasks as assigned by Store Leadership, such as cart retrieval, shrink control and safety-related tasks.
9. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Strong customer service and communication skills required.
3. Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required.
4. Prior retail leadership experience preferred.
5. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
6. Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills required.
7. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
8. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
STORE~1466_BOARDMAN,OH (STORE~1466)7100 SOUTH AVE. BOARDMAN, 44512
Big Lots Stores, Inc.
Website : http://www.biglots.com
Big Lots, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a broadline closeout retailer in the United States. The company offers products under various merchandising categories, such as food category that includes beverage and grocery, candy and snacks, and specialty foods departments; consumables category, which comprises health and beauty, plastics, paper, chemical, and pet departments; soft home category that consists of fashion bedding, utility bedding, bath, window, decorative textile, and flooring departments; hard home category, including small appliances, table top, food preparation, stationery, greeting cards, tools, paint, and home maintenance departments; and furniture and home décor category consisting of upholstery, mattress, ready-to-assemble, case goods, home décor, and frames departments. It also provides merchandise under the seasonal category that includes lawn and garden, summer, Christmas, toys, books, sporting goods, and other holiday departments; and electronics and accessories category that includes electronics, jewelry, apparel, hosiery, and infant accessories departments. As of March 7, 2014, it operated 1,495 BIG LOTS stores in 48 states. Big Lots, Inc. was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio.