Western Union Holdings Inc.
Western Union is changing. Yes, were the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But were on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved - billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of todays global consumers and businesses. So if youre looking for a company on the move - and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet - then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer based at Western Unions San Francisco, California location. In this role, you will be supporting the WU Digital Services businesses. You will be developing software involving the entire software development cycle, from interpreting and facilitating requirements to developing software to supporting production deployments.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Works with Internal Customers and Technical Customers to understand business and technical requirements.
- Prepares clear and thorough functional and technical design documents involving applicable use cases and design protocols to ensure clear understanding of development work to deliver related requirements.
- Utilizes a broad spectrum of technology and innovation to develop software to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Collaborates with multiple groups including technology teams located offshore,
- Takes responsibility to yield enhancements, quality improvements, and cost reduction
- Uses database design and data analytics to ensure system is architected upon a strong foundation of information and to provide feedback to business and operations teams
What you will need to succeed:
- 3 Years of ETL experience.
- Drive the technical design of ETL architecture to ensure high data quality, data integration performance and error recovery/handling.
- 1 years of Strong experience in reporting and visualizations tools like Tableau, QlikView.
- Must have very strong SQL skills and data analysis.
- 1 years of Experience in Hadoop Eco System (Hive, hdfs) and distributed computing and parallel processing.
- Good knowledge about databases like Oracle, Netezza.
- Extensive experience working with structured and unstructured data and scripting languages.
- Work closely with stakeholders (Reporting team, Analysts, Business users, support ) and source system domain experts.
- Understanding of the Agile Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent communication skill and willingness to learn new techniques.
- Excellent team player and strong technologist with excellent ability to analyze complex problems and identify and implement solutions.
- Required technical skill
- Good verbal and written communication skills Strong SQL, data warehousing, and ETL experience on traditional databases is a plus. B.S. degree in computer science or related area
Technical Areas of Expertise:
- Hadoop (Hive, HDFS, Hue, Kafka etc.) , Sqoop,
- Tableau or some other dashboarding tool
- UNIX, Unix shell script,
- Java (Nice to have)
What its like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference. on a global stage. Sound like you? now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next groundbreaking idea. Wed love to explore that possibility!
Western Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at ************************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Western Union Holdings Inc.
Website : https://www.westernunion.com/gb/en/home.html
Western Union Business Solutions is a global leader in foreign exchange and international payments. With industry expertise and market-leading technology, we help companies to deliver funds fast. In 2009, Western Union acquired Custom House, an award-winning industry leader with over 18 years of experience in international payments and currency risk management. By leveraging Custom House's technological innovation and industry experience with a globally-recognized company with a strong financial backing, this acquisition allowed us to further establish our presence in the field of global business-to-business payments, helping our clients to expand into competitive, profitable new markets.