Come surround yourself with people who are extraordinarily smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS), you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will provide technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build high-demand applications on top of our services. You will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
* Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
* Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
* Interact with leading technologists around the world
* Work directly with Amazon Web Service architects to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
* Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services
* Drive customer communication during critical events
* Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field, or equivalent experience (4 years)
* 1 years of experience in Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
* * Strong Linux system administrator skills
* Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
Strong skills in one or more of following database engines:
MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, MariaDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Aurora
* Excellent oral and written communication skills - customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
* * Customer service experience / strong customer focus
* * Strong multi-tasking skill
* * Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
* * Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
* Open to working one weekend day (Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs). Support engineers working a weekend day typically from home that day.
* Strong customer focus
* Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment.
* * Database troubleshooting and performance tuning
* * Experienced setting up monitoring / alarming for production DB environments
* * Database migration and ETL experience
* * Experience with NoSQL technologies like DynamoDB , Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra or Riak
* * Experienced with linux system monitoring and analysis
* * Good understanding of distributed computing environments
* * Experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
* * Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
* * Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
* * Exposure to security concepts / best practices
* * Expertise with Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, netcat, and other network monitoring / troubleshooting tools
* * Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
What if I'm not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That's okay. That's our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we're more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven't been exposed to yet.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain and United Kingdom and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.