Dollar Tree, Inc
Chesapeake, VA, United States
Jul 27, 2022
Nov 09, 2022
Req ID# 428723BR
Title Manager Internal Controls
Company Dollar Tree
Location of Position Chesapeake, Virginia
Summary of Position (Job Purpose) - Major purpose and functions of the position.
This position will work with the Director - Financial Reporting and VP - Financial Reporting and Capital Accounting to manage the Company’s internal controls program. The role coordinates with business process owners, internal and external auditors to design, document, assess, and remediate if needed internal controls over financial reporting. This position is also responsible for management of the Company’s balance sheet reconciliation process and quarterly SOX certification program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities - Primary responsibilities listed in order of importance
• Perform project management-related functions supporting the Company-wide ICFR program
• Manages the Company’s quarterly SOX certification program and ensures end-user computing and financial process reviews are completed
• Coordinate with business owners to maintain process narrative / flowchart documentation
• Conducts annual risk assessment and scoping to identify key processes and financial statement accounts for testing
• Oversees and manages the Company’s balance sheet reconciliation review process to ensure timely completion by business owners.
• Provides training and guidance to new associates and business owners regarding the Company-wide ICFR program
• Identifies areas of process and / or controls improvement and implements necessary changes
• Communicates with management the status of ongoing quarterly and annual compliance reviews and testing
• Assist management in the design, and development of an internal controls for new financial processes or systems
• Examines and evaluates SOC 1 reporting to ensure adequate controls are designed and implemented at third party vendors.
• Prepares and maintains internal control documentation on behalf of management and distributes as needed to external parties
• Act as a primary liaison with both internal and external auditors for the annual testing of internal controls
• Assists in the evaluation of control deficiencies, if necessary and ensures appropriate remediation steps are taken
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications - Summary of knowledge, experience and education required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 3 - 5 years of accounting and / or auditing experience, public accounting experience preferred
• Experience in conducting audit testing of internal controls or in overseeing internal controls
• Familiarity with COSO framework, SOX compliance, and US GAAP
• Strong analytical, technical and computer skills
• Attention to details, including regular follow-up on action items
• Ability to work in fast-paced team environment, handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
• Experience with Blackline, Auditboard or other similar automated audit / accounting solutions is a plus
This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, as they may be amended or added to as needed
Dollar Tree, Inc
Website : http://www.dollartree.com