Health Care REIT, Inc.
At Welltower Inc. (NYSE:HCN) we are driving innovation in health care infrastructure and delivery. We envision a new model of care that revolves around wellness – living well, aging well and keeping people out of the hospital. We partner with leading seniors housing and post-acute-care providers and with health systems to fund innovative solutions designed to keep patients out of higher cost, higher acuity settings while delivering better treatment at a lower cost. Our impact will be profound as we advance our work, our mission, and continue to assemble a diverse, talented, performance-focused team of employees.
The Portfolio Management group facilitates the collection of seniors housing data from Welltower’s operators, calculates key performance metrics, forecasts portfolio performance, coordinates portfolio management activities and reports portfolio performance to company management and Wall Street analysts. The increasing complexity of the business, as well as the continuous evolution of the senior housing industry require analysts to have a deep understanding of the business/industry plus the ability to deal with complex analysis leveraging large amounts of data. Ultimately the person in this role needs an understanding of SEC financial reporting, accounting, seniors housing, and experience working with various analytical tools and SQL databases. Additionally, a successful person in this role must have a strong desire to pursue continuous personal development in order to keep up with the latest technologies and analytics tools, as well as changes in the business and the seniors housing industry.
Portfolio Analysts are responsible for:
1. Maintaining and further developing a process to efficiently capture, analyze and report on capital expenditures (capex) for the seniors housing operating portfolio. This includes working with operators and HCN Accounting to maintain a detailed capex database that is used for external reporting as well as providing analysis to HCN management and Investment Teams.
2. Managing annual budgeting and quarterly reforecast for the company. Responsible for maintaining/developing forecasting applications, models and other tools to increase accuracy, efficiency and transparency of forecast results. Responsible for preparing quarterly presentations to management outlining budget/forecast information.
3. Play an integral role in compiling quarterly non-GAAP externally reported metrics (HCN Supplement). This includes supporting the management/continued development of the SQL application responsible for aggregating companywide accounting/financial results, as well as managing the generation of aggregated data into disclosure management software and reviewing results. The supplement is a highly utilized document by Wall Street analysts in valuing the company and has come under increasingly high scrutiny by the SEC and its regulations.
4. Serve as a “Go to” contributor for advanced ad hoc analytical projects that include pulling portfolio performance from multiple accounting systems and operational databases. This includes mining unstructured data as well as creating tools/applications that support the completion of and/or automate the analysis.
5. Serve as a “Go to” contributor for VP Business Insights and VP Operator Services groups to provide data and analytics to improve operational performance and drive investment strategy decisions.
6. Develop and maintain analysis applications/models/tools using SQL, and/or VBA to mine new data sources from operating portfolio to feed predictive models and asset management analysis.
7. Run ad-hoc analysis and support financial projects as identified or directed by leadership.
8. Work with Investment Teams and Asset Management to design and implement portfolio management protocols.
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for coordinating information flow and working cross functionally with various internal departments, including but not limited to Asset Management, Underwriting, Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Tax and Accounting
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field. MBA preferred.
1-3 years relevant work experience is preferred
Working knowledge of the following systems preferred: JDE and HFM
Strong communication skills: presentation, written, and verbal
Customer service orientation and comfortable working in a team
Ability to manage projects
Ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment
A positive and professional attitude.
Experience with SEC financial reporting
Experience in seniors housing, real estate finance, or health care industries
Experience developing forecasting models using advanced data modelling and programming techniques
Experience using Tableau or other business intelligence tools
Experience with SQL preferred
Quality of Work
– strong attention to detail; ability and desire to manage details while also focusing on strategy and planning.
– ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Communication and Teamwork
- strong written and oral communication skills and a strong team player.
Initiative and Leadership
– Ability to self-motivate and work independently in a dynamic environment. Ability to lead and own a process end-to-end.
Customer Focus / Service
– ability to respond to internal customers and external parties quickly, positively, and thoroughly, while maintaining process integrity.
The work environment is characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Welltower is a drug-free and nicotine-free employer.
Welltower and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Health Care REIT, Inc.
Website : http://www.hcreit.com
Health Care REIT’s portfolio quality is second to none. The company’s 1,199-property portfolio spans the health care continuum with locations in some of the best markets in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. It is designed to offer growth and resiliency through all economic cycles.