Wayne, NJ, United States
Customer Service, Retail
Retail Gift Registry Advisor, Full Time: Willowbrook, NJ','710139200','!*!Job Overview:
The Gift Registry Advisor is responsible for providing professional and personalized services for future brides by demonstrating advanced product knowledge and building quality registrations that ensure satisfaction and drive sales. Educate couples on the home store categories and assist with registry selections to maximize potential value. Coordinate with Area Manager of the Home Division and Store Managers to promote and develop the bridal registry program with emphasis on sales and services. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and More@ Macy’s tablet app
Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
Acknowledge customers in a friendly and helpful manner within 30 seconds of their entry into the area
Meet with couples, usually by appointment, to determine personal needs, develop merchandise preference list, and registry services needed
Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge of tabletop and home store merchandise
Monitor sales and registration and is responsible for achieving registration/sales objectives
Actively seek out guests and family members and assist with gift selections or purchases
Updates the Bridal Registry daily to ensure accuracy by including items purchased, adding and changing merchandise and personal information
Ensure that all personal information in the Gift System is complete and correct and service couples with registry updates or additions
Maintains clientele book to use in sending follow-ups, thank you letters, personal invitations, and other information to brides
Creates Registry awareness by participating in home store team meetings and training other associates
Works with Sales Manager to coordinate special events
Verify availability of selected merchandise as scheduled by reviewing reports, systems, contacting buying office, and writing special orders
Ensure that Registry area standards are met
Solicit couples and guests to open a Macy’s credit card and enroll in Registry Star Rewards
Follow through with customer service issues
Assist with tabletop or home store sales as needed
Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room go backs to standard, if applicable
Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
Perform other duties as necessary
Follows shortage programs and procedures
Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
• Two to three years specialized selling experience such as tabletop, fine jewelry, and cosmetics or previous bridal consultant.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
• This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Able to use computer system/terminals to input registry information. Excellent time management skills to effectively coordinate bridal registry program in the store. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','!*! ','United States-New Jersey-Wayne','Wedding Gift Registry','Retail Gift Registry Advisor, Full Time: Willowbrook, NJ
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.