5 yrs required
Virginia Beach, VA, United States
Sep 01, 2020
Our Virginia Beach law firm is seeking an experienced family law paralegal to join our team. We pride ourselves on being a company where work-life balance is important. We offer a great team of co-workers, with high-volume interesting cases, but in a friendly office environment.
A minimum of 5 years experience working almost exclusively in the family law field is non-negotiable. Only candidates that meet this criteria will be considered.
- Punctual, detail-oriented & very organized
- Self-directed and independent follow through
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient knowledge of drafting family law pleadings and other forms
- Working knowledge of civil procedures with the local courts
- Proficiency in office software such as Word, Excel and Adobe
- Maintain consistent client contact throughout a case
- Regularly enter case information into case management software
- Propound and respond to discovery
- Answer phones, maintain case calendars and deadlines
- Draft all family law pleadings, motions, subpoenas and all other forms
- E-Filing documents with the local courts
- Correspond with clients, counsel, courts and expert witnesses
- Efficiently and accurately review large numbers of documents
- Assist in all aspects of trial preparation
- Other clerical and administrative tasks
- Some work with Guardianship/Conservatorship and Estate Planning cases
(will train if no experience in this area)
Interested and qualified candidates should submit your cover letter and resume, and reference "Paralegal Position".
Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.