Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Posted Date 4 hours ago(2/12/2018 9:10 AM)
Job ID 2018-46923
Casino Property Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Category Food and Beverage
Dont just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course we think youll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
Currently hiring a part time cook, Saturday 4 to 9 p.m., Sunday 11 to 7 p.m. and Monday 11 to 5 p.m.
Off Track Wagering York
351 Loucks Rd , York PA 17404
* Phone: **************
* e-mail: *****************
Your daily responsibilities include
* Prepare and cook food products according to standard recipes.
* Transport, dish up, plate and present food products for, menus to include various cooking methods broiling, roasting, saute, poaching, braising, boiling and ala minute cooking in order to assist in reaching profitability, guest satisfaction, workforce strength and compliance goals.
* Prepares, expedites, monitors, replenishes, and/or transports meats, vegetables, soups, sauces and other food items as indicated by production sheets.
* Report to Sous Chef at start of shift to receive instructions as daily specials or menu changes.
* Arrange mise en place according posted instructions and menu requirements.
* Communicates station needs, waste and discrepancies with immediate supervisor.
* As directed by supervisor, prepare and present menu items according to recipe specification and presentation photo.
* Assist in other areas of kitchen as directed by Sous Chef.
* Interacts with guests and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner.
* Maintains a clean and sanitary work area at all times.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High School Diploma/GED; 1-2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must have the ability to read, write and speak English.
* Must have the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests.
* Must have the ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and manuals.
* Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
* Must have the ability to perform basic math skills.
* Must have the ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze, and draw valid conclusions.
* Must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions (i.e., written, oral, etc.)
* Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
* Working events on the casino floor will require an individual to obtain a non-gaming credential.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Walking 30% of the time.
* Standing 70% of the time.
* Bending and lifting 10% of the time.
* Climbing up heights in excess of 10 feet.
* Lifting/moving maximum of 100 lbs.
* Ability to see 20/20, color, and/or peripherally.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This is a smoking environment in guest areas and a non-smoking, with the exception of designated areas, employee environment.
* High Noise Level.
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means youll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what were about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Website : http://www.pngaming.com
Company Profile Penn National Gaming, through its subsidiaries, owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-six facilities in seventeen jurisdictions, including Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 31,000 gaming machines, 800 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 8.8 million of property square footage.