Brady & Kosofsky
5 yrs required
Charlotte, NC, United States
Brady & Kosofsky, PA, a Charlotte based Real Estate Closing law firm serving the Carolinas is seeking an experienced North Carolina Real Estate Title Attorney.
The ideal candidate will Assist Attorney Teams, Abstractors and Title Examiners in spotting, resolving and reporting status of title to various duly licensed Title Insurance Agents. Addressing and Resolving questions regarding status of title in residential real estate transactions, loss mitigation transactions, and post foreclosure disposition files (REO): Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Review title searches, commitments and opinions to insure accuracy, completeness and compliance with client statements of work, service level agreements and underwriting requirements of title insurance carriers.
2. Identify title defects and provide underwriting assistance to Attorney Teams, Title Teams,Title agency underwriters and settlement personnel as needed to resolve problems.
3. Assist staff Attorneys, Abstractors, Team Members and customers in clearing and resolving title issues.
4. Determine if a survey is needed to provide requested coverage and assist in the survey review if applicable.
5. Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
6. Review work performed by underwriting staff, giving feedback on performance.
7. Assist in training and developing new title staff members, and with the creation of training materials.
8. Participate in annual performance evaluations of title staff as requested by manager.
9. Participate in the review, creation and revision of title, settlement and policy forms.
10. Assist in the evaluation and monitoring of vendors.
11. Assist management in achieving revenue and profit goals.
12. Perform legal research when needed and publish newsletters, guidelines and training documents.
13. Perform other duties assigned by manager.
Required Skills and Competencies: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Juris Doctorate and a CURRENT license to practice law in North Carolina.
2. Five or more years work experience. Said experience should be related to title examination including post and pre-foreclosure experience, real estate closings, and/or title underwriting although experience in related legal fields may be considered.
3. Knowledge of real estate law, governmental regulation, ALTA Best Practices, and closing
4. Proficient PC Skills
Brady & Kosofsky
Brady & Kosofsky is a Charlotte North Carolina based law firm which provides title, closing, REO, and Loss Mitigation to across North Carolina and South Carolina.