Cisco Systems, Inc.
San Jose, CA, United States
Business Development, Manager
Dec 18, 2020
Apr 02, 2021
Why you'll love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' ground-breaking ideas impact everything imaginable. Here, that means we will take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. Cisco is evolving a rich solution portfolio of next generation software, hardware, and services to meet customers' changing business requirements in their digitization journey.
What You’ll Do
You will work closely with Cisco account teams and extended teams in developing new high value business opportunities by delivering proposals and closing opportunities to meet some of our top customer’s business, production network and IT needs. You will actively develop relationships with our customers, key partners, facilitate client sessions, lead pre-sales efforts ensuring appropriate experts are engaged, to deliver business growth with trusted expertise and value creation.
The BDM is responsible for
* Discovering and developing new services growth areas and go to market strategies by aligning client priorities and outcomes with solutions
* Deliver a consultative approach and outcome/solution-based selling to understand customer technical and service requirements leveraging key software automation concepts, familiarity with Cisco services, Cisco Automation & Orchestration solutions, open source software and tools, languages and protocols, and cross-domain technical depth
* Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with account teams, delivery managers, and executives to validate/prioritize engagement opportunities and shape services sales strategy
* Working with Sales and CX Services Delivery to develop high potential transformational and cross-domain complex opportunities from an early sales stage
* Designing lifecycle service solutions for fully qualified opportunities by applying expertise in architectures, technologies, consultancy for services design
* Developing and delivering services proposals to customers with accurate solutioning, deliverable scoping, sizing and pricing
* Supporting the development and introduction of new service offerings
* Building and maintaining services opportunity landscape
* Reporting on successes and areas needing improvements
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of CX, the Customer Experience organization that is leading multi-discipline Cisco colleagues in transforming how we work with strategic and complex clients to help them achieve their goals with Cisco. In this role you will engage with Service delivery teams to ensure consistent and accurate scoping of client delivery engagements. You'll work across a highly diverse cross-functional team including Customer Success, Sales, Product Management and Delivery. You will build trusted relationships across customers and corporate levels. You'll be a key member on a high-performing team that exists to help Cisco grow profitably.
Who You Are
You are an analytical problem solver with a strong technology background, coupled with business acumen and inter-personal skills, compelled to help customers grow. The ideal candidate brings an external point of view on technology direction in addition to broad knowledge across Cisco’s Customer Experience services portfolio. You leverage this knowledge to develop solutions, scope services opportunities, and support sales based on customer requirements across multiple verticals. This highly visible position requires an individual with exceptional oral and written communication skills to consult, communicate and position Cisco’s value and capabilities to a client executive audience.
You have the ability to lead diverse teams in multiple pre-sales engagements, driving efficient collaboration and effective governance to produce high quality proposals. A self-starting, independent, proactive, program development mindset is imperative to success. You thrive in a dynamic environment and you can work with a variety of critical priorities converting customer needs into Cisco delivery.
At a minimum, we require
* 8 years’ experience with consulting services delivery in the large enterprise sector
* 5 years’ experience technical customer facing solution development in pre-sales roles
* BA/BS required; MBA preferred
Knowledge & Skills
* Deep expertise in solution architecture and complex integrated service design in 2 domains: Automation and Orchestration (required), Cloud transformation, Networking and Security, Collaboration, IOT
* Familiarity with Ansible, Ansible Tower, Python, and other open-source solutions within the market
* Ability to think outside the box to create solutions for customers
* Understand key software automation concepts and typical use cases
* Understand the concepts of analytics, machine learning and AI
* Proven record of working in large complex deals and the required skills for creating processes and procedures for new service offerings
* Strong client presence and CxO level engagement experience, consulting and /or professional services delivery
* Proven track record of developing and winning multi-architecture solution contracts.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills to consult, communicate and position Cisco’s value and capabilities to customers senior executives
* Mastery of multi-tasking environment, time-management, stakeholder management and conflict resolution
* support travel as required
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and makes a positive impact.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Customer Experience that accelerates businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, connected cars and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation, having built the Internet, we’re now re-inventing it.
We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco CX.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
@Cisco #CiscoJobs #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Cisco Systems, Inc.
Website : https://www.cisco.com/