Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Who is Intuitive Surgical? The numbers tell an amazing story. Learn more about our company.
Intuitive Surgical is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic-assisted surgical systems. Our da Vinci Surgical System is an advanced platform for minimally invasive surgery that has touched the lives of more than four million patients worldwide. Our system acts as a natural extension of a surgeon’s eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls, all driven by an advanced software platform. Over the past two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery. As we mark our 22nd year, we are looking for an Upstream Senior Product Manager to join the team in defining and building the advanced surgical platforms of the future.
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority. Primary Function of Position:
The Senior Product Manager supports da Vinci® product development from concept approval to launch. This includes managing the product roadmap, conducting user research, making product and feature proposals, writing product requirements, shepherding the product through development, conducting user testing, and working with our downstream product marketing rollout teammates to ensure a successful launch. The Senior Product Manager has an in depth understanding of the customer-facing features of the da Vinci® system (including clinical application) as well as a solid grounding in the underlying technical implementation. The Senior Product Manager represents the voice of the customer (business needs) and the voice of the user (user needs) to the design engineering teams and other internal business partners during the product development process encouraging sound yet timely decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the product portfolio in assigned product category by working with company stakeholders to strategically support the business goals of the company. Communicate the short term and long range product objectives to business partners, garnering alignment.
• Develop the business justification for new products and features by working with customers and company stakeholders. Develop forecasts and other business analyses, including competitive assessments, to facilitate sound data-driven decision making.
• Work with internal and external research partners to manage user research through interviews, case observations, focus groups, and user testing. Synthesize information, develop product strategies and recommendations and communicate findings to internal stakeholders including management.
• Create and refine the product requirements with input and feedback from customers and company stakeholders. Negotiate product requirements with company stakeholders and ensure the product is kept in alignment with the needs of the customer and business during the course of development. Redirect engineering activities as needed to ensure delivery of a successful product to market.
• Lead the ongoing development of the product strategy by developing a framework for decision making. Shepherd the product through its development via relentless identification and closure of user, technical, and business issues.
• Think carefully about the user, business, and development impact of product decisions. Be creative about marshaling resources to complete objectives (including filling in when no one else can) and provide clarity on product direction when possible. Continue to drive progress in the face of ambiguity.
• Facilitate efficient and sound decision-making during the development process to ensure that the new product designs are aligned with user needs, business needs, and established design principles.
• Consolidate the results of user testing performed by human factors, interaction design, and clinical engineering teams. Communicate conclusions and recommendations to product development teams.
• Engage with industrial design and interaction design partners during the development process by establishing design requirements, prioritizing design efforts, coordinating design reviews, and documenting and communicating design decisions.
• Manage business relationships with key development partners ensuring healthy dialogue and clear, efficient decision making.
• Partner closely with the downstream product marketing teammates to ensure a successful launch (e.g. product training, core positioning and messaging content, case observations etc.)
• Must be a highly passionate individual that notices and cares about design details and the users' experience with the product.
• Minimum 8 years of experience as a Designer, Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager desired with a history of defining, developing and launching excellent products.
• BS degree in Biomedical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, or demonstrated experience of bringing highly engineered products to market is highly preferred. MBA or demonstrated business acumen is preferred.
• Experience with minimally invasive surgical products including capital equipment is highly preferred.
• Hands on technical experience with mechanical design, materials and processes, Industrial Design and Interaction Design preferred.
• Strong knowledge of minimally invasive surgery market is highly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience presenting to Senior Management.
• Experience managing technical product requirements is preferred.
• Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to collaborate across multiple disciplines to ensure product success and ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. This includes the ability to work well in bridging communication between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and customers.
• Ability to set and meet goals based on department and corporate objectives.
• Ability to work in surgical labs and operating rooms is required.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer
Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Website : http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Since its inception, the company has consistently provided surgeons and hospitals with the tools needed to improve clinical outcomes and to help patients return to active and productive lives. - See more at: http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/company/#sthash.g55v5yPr.dpuf