Xpress Global Systems
Actively engages in a circle of service through inbound calls from drivers ensuring that each driver has the most accurate information needed to be effective and meet service deadlines. Promotes safe operations and reminds driver of the importance of operating truck safely. This position directly drives utilization, driver retention, and revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities
Resolve and/or escalate inbound phone calls from drivers.
Maintains SATCOM messages for each driver ensuring their accuracy and timeliness.
Maintains accurate ETA and PTA metrics by reviewing hours of service for each driver within their fleets for the entire scope of the load.
Instruct driver on where to pick-up and deliver loads; provide accurate and detailed information regarding directions, load information, pick-up/delivery times and other load related information.
Proactively informs management, Customer Service, Load Planners, and Fleet Management of all load and/or driver issues; includes a proactive review of pre-plans for deliveries.
Verballing drivers on designated customer loads.
Communicates and addresses all Dispatch challenges to Load Planner/Planning Manager and provides potential solution.
Maintains constant communication with drivers and identifies any existing and potential service deviations; attempts to minimize any and all impact to the customer while maintaining capacity optimization.
Accurately input load and driver related information as well as actively update and take action on alerts, warnings, and notifications in the system.
Repower loads as needed pending importance of load.
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma
Operational experience a plus.
Call center and/or customer service experience a plus.
Computers and Electronics
- knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications.
Customer and Personal Service (to the Drivers) -
knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services.
- knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods, including the relative costs and benefits.
- knowledge of mathematics to solve problems.
Public Safety and Security -
knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land and water, including their physical characteristics, locations, & interrelationships.
Law and Government
- knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, and agency rules.
- managing one's own time and the time of others.
- giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
talking to others to convey information effectively.
- using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Judgment and Decision Making
- considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Complex Problem Solving
- identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Oral Comprehension & Expression; speech clarity
- ability to listen, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken words and explain so others understand.
- the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Written Comprehension & Expression
- ability to read, understand, and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Deductive Reasoning -
ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
This is an hourly position with a paygrade of HR09.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Xpress Global Systems
Website : http://www.xgsi.com
Service That Matters. Driven By Innovation. We’re flexible, innovative and willing to go the extra mile to offer our customers a competitive advantage. We will deliver what our competitors only dream of.