Los Angeles, CA, United States
Mar 14, 2023
Jun 27, 2023
Manager Ambulatory Care Department','1140849','Mar 14, 2023','!*!Responsible for the administrative and business management of a small (less than 20 FTEs) or medium size (less than 50 FTEs) department providing ambulatory patient care services. Through clinical nurse supervisors and/or assistant nurse managers, ensures patient care staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum which comply with local, state, and federal requirements; implements and maintains clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets, and staff development. Manages operations and services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities, and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business, and organizational goals/objectives.
• Manages outpatient operations and through nurse supervisor(s) and/or assistant department nurse manager(s) is responsible for the delivery of nursing services and outpatient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical, and utilization standards and performance measures.• Ensures that services meet members', physicians', and internal clients' needs in a changing and competitive health care market.• Achieves integrated services across the continuum of care and manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by designing and implementing systems, processes, and methods to evaluate and improve patient care across the continuum of care.• Ensures patient care staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state, and local requirements.• Collaborates with physicians, nursing and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.• Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.• Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.• Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.• Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.• Determines the appropriate staff-mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.• Provides for on going staff development.• Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.• Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.• Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
• Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in ambulatory care or other related clinical area experience.
• Minimum one (1) year as an Assistant Manager of Ambulatory Care (i.e. JC 06020).
• Completion of Kaiser Permanente Southern California Postgraduate Fellowship in Health Care Administration and one (1) year of supervisory experience.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• A current incumbent in job code 06057 (Manager Ambulatory Care Department).
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of ambulatory care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Department administrator over Neurology, EEG, and Sleep Medicine.
','California-Los Angeles-1505 N. Edgemont Medical Offices','40','40','Day','Day','Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri','Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri','08:00 AM','08:00 AM','05:30 PM','05:30 PM','Full-time','Standard','Regular','Manager with Direct Reports','Patient Care Services (Non RN)','Edgemont MOB - Neurology-Regular Clinic - 0806','Edgemont MOB - Neurology-Regular Clinic - 0806','Yes, 10 % of the Time','NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee','NUE-SCAL-01|NUE|Non Union Employee','124700','124700','161260','161260','','Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.','Manager Ambulatory Care Department
Website : http://www.kaiserpermanente.org