Detroit, MI, United States
Jun 26, 2020
Oct 09, 2020
Group Leader Med Technolgy Blood Bank Days FT Sinai-Grace Hospital','!*!
$5,000.00 Sign on!Summary Description
Under minimal supervision, processes and tests specimens; reviews and
reports lab results; performs operational duties, maintenance and advanced
troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and equipment; acts as
resource to other laboratory personnel. Provides direction to other
laboratory staff that may include medical laboratory technicians and
technologists. Will provide input on staff evaluations as requested.
Maintains a complete and up to date procedure manuals. Achieves ongoing
compliance with regulatory agencies. In high volume core laboratories, will
work in multiple departments/sections or multiple facilities within a
market, as requested. Completes other duties assigned by laboratory
supervisor or director. Will serve as point of care coordinator for
non-laboratory tests, as requested.
1. Bachelor's Degree from an approved college or university and/or graduate
of an accredited school of medical technology, or equivalent such as
military training as defined by 42 CFR 493.1489, or have qualified at the
Medical Technologist level by achieving a satisfactory grade on a HHS
examination prior to 2/28/92 42 CFR 493.1491. The above meets required
criteria as defined by CLIA regulations for High Complexity testing (42 CFR
493.1489 and 42 CFR 493.1491)..
2. Registered or registry eligible in accordance with an approved
certifying agency (ASCP, NCA, AMT or CSMLS within 12 months of hire).
Equivalency evaluation by ECE, NACES or AICE for non-US trained personnel
must be completed within 30 days of hire.
1. Ability to perform all duties as required of a Medical Technologist
2. Assists department management, in conjunction with human resources with
corrective action and coaching of department employees. Provides input to
management with preparation of performance evaluations and competency
evaluations. Assists in the interviewing of new employees.
3. Ensures department employees possess the ability and knowledge to
provide age appropriate care as mandated by DMC and department policies.
4. Has analytical abilities to gather and interpret data, to identify
discrepancies, problems or issues, to obtain advice when precedents are
unclear or unavailable and to determine methods for ensuring compliance
with functional/organizational/service policies and procedures.
5. Assists Department Management with the review and evaluation of current
and new department policies, procedures, equipment and supplies.
6. Works to collaborate with all DMC personnel and departments to ensure
effective lab operations to promote customer oriented relationships
7. Possesses communication and/or interpersonal skills using courtesy and
effective listening for routine contacts with internal and some external
customers/stakeholders in order to discuss pertinent information. Practices
sound discretion and conflict resolution skills when making decisions.
Reads and comprehends procedures and technical literature in specific
functional area as necessary.
8. Assists the supervisor in promoting an engaged, safe and quality driven
environment, by showing
respect for all employees, acting as a bridge between the staff and the
supervisor, and monitoring and
notifying supervisor of any work environment issues that will negatively
9. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue
leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability comfort with
decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills,
and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge
alliances and garner support.
10. Oversight of the maintenance, operation, cleanliness and functioning of
the lab equipment and supplies related to area of responsibility
11. Provides data collection and advanced data analysis. Performs special
projects as assigned
','Med Tech','MI-Detroit','','DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital','Full-time','Full-time','Days','Days','','','','','','','2005014743','Group Leader Med Technolgy Blood Bank Days FT Sinai-Grace Hospital
Website : http://www.tenethealth.com