Responsible for carrying out the Plant Engineering functions including project management, capital management, facilities and maintenance management. Integrates with manufacturing department to increase product thru put and quality. Responsible for maintenance and design of process improvements. Participate in continuous improvement activities such as 5S and EOS. Champion implementation of Environmental Controls, TPM & 6-Sigma efforts through the utilization of the CMMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct activities of plant project engineers and plant maintenance personnel.
- Interpret and enforce compliance to engineering specifications, equipment and maintenance requirements, and all facilities compliance requirements
- Works with Corporate Engineering personnel to provide plant improvements to meet the stated needs of company strategic business plan and customer demands.
- Management of capital projects. Defines activities necessary to insure plant operations
- Supports and co-leads (with the EHS Mgr) compliance with all environmental requirements related to Richmond manufacturing business.
- Participates in formulating and developing long-range goals and objectives
- Establish procedures that will satisfy facilities contractual and procurement requirements. Serves as the plant contact and coordinates the scheduling of maintenance and repairs in plant.
- Contribute to team effort to improve operations through process improvements, equipment improvements, total productive maintenance efforts and Kaizen events.
- Contribute to the safety performance of the plant by supporting and participating in Safety Awareness programs through utilization of the department’s personnel resources.
- Maintains responsibility for all Maintenance / Engineering activities requiring Contractor support on-site. Ensures they meet the Safety / Environmental Standards dictated by the Contractor Policy.
- Develop and manage operating budgets for engineering, facilities and maintenance.
- Support all activities related to EOS with a focus on Continuous Improvement and improving Plant KPI’s.
Direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities for project engineers, maintenance management, maintenance personnel.
Ability to plan and coordinate major capital projects from planning through implementation. Knowledge and application of the engineering principles related to the maintenance and operation of all plant facilities. Ability to interact with contractors, direct and supervise technical personnel and to train and select qualified personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 4 year degree in technical field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Three years’ experience in environmental compliance.
- Job responsibility to include project management of a minimum $1 million in size.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
- Very complex. Performance requires interaction with all Plant, Corporate and Governmental departments.
- Accountable to Plant Manager, EnerSys Corporate Engineering & Corporate Environmental and all required Governmental regulatory agencies.
- Minimal travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Environmental Conditions and/or Hazards: This position involves office and factory exposure including occasional exposure to high levels of background noise. The worker is also subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current and exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary movement.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily wing fingers rather than with the whole hand or am as in grasping.
Website : http://www.enersys.com
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We manufacture and distribute reserve power and motive power batteries, battery chargers, power equipment, battery accessories and outdoor equipment enclosure solutions to customers worldwide. Motive power batteries and chargers are utilized in electric forklift trucks and other commercial electric powered vehicles. Reserve power batteries are used in the telecommunication and utility industries, uninterruptible power supplies, and numerous applications requiring stored energy solutions including aerospace and defense systems. Outdoor equipment enclosure products are utilized in the telecommunication, cable, utility, transportation industries and by government and defense customers.